4g suddenly gone? please help?

hexdaemon

Reaction score
I had been using 4g all day today. I was at the airport just an hour ago and had a full signal. Came home and turned on wifi to sync some files, turned it off and I couldn't get 4g again. Toggled airplane mode, turning off the phone, a factory reset, and nothing. I'm rooted at 4.0.2, has this happened to anyone else? can anyone offer any advice?

sonnydroid

Reaction score
I had been using 4g all day today. I was at the airport just an hour ago and had a full signal. Came home and turned on wifi to sync some files, turned it off and I couldn't get 4g again. Toggled airplane mode, turning off the phone, a factory reset, and nothing. I'm rooted at 4.0.2, has this happened to anyone else? can anyone offer any advice?

Never happened to me but this is worth a shot... Have you checked to see if "Set mobile data limit" in settings >> data usage is unchecked?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
H

hexdaemon

Reaction score
Yes, I did check it, thanks for the advice, though.

In my panic I completely unrooted it and relocked the bootloader, and still no success. I'll probably just have to return it, but if there are any suggestions, please let me know! I'd rather just keep my GNex and have everything be perfect!

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Don't panic! It should be back up in the morning. I think VZ is just doing some updating tonight. Dezymond just started a thread on this, it's out all over the place! See if it's back up in the morning! :disappointed:

OP
H

hexdaemon

Reaction score
I should add that I can't get 3g either, I foolishly left that out of the OP. I've never had a 4g phone before, but from the other outages I've read about, most people were able to get 3g while 4g was out, and the rest of my family has 3g (although on their 3g only phones). Thank for, though! I will of course be waiting for the morning, hopefully I overreacted by resetting everything back to stock (to get it ready to be returned if need be), but reroot isn't that hard.

sonnydroid

Reaction score
There's another thread where people are stating it's down too. It went down for me too, a few minutes after my previous post.

kongo

Reaction score
I'm here in the SF Bay Area, and both me and my roommate got nothing - 3g or 4g. He has a Bionic, me a Nexus.

Thanks!

dtdlurch

Reaction score
3G only here in Atlanta.

Glad you guys are having issues too. Was wondering if I had done something wrong as I finally finished rooting and unlocking my phone first thing this morning.

3G seems so inadequate after having 4G for almost a week. Guess I am already spoiled!

Spydaz

Reaction score
4G Down on Long Island NY! This is the 5th time without DATA AT ALL in the past 2 weeks!!! I exchanged my iPhone 4S for the Nexus and now im regretting it!

When you have a 4G smartphone and the 4G is down well guess what, YOU DO NOT GET 3G EITHER!!!!