Wifi going to sleep?

aggiechase37

Reaction score
I've noticed a few times when I turn the screen on, if I had it on wifi, that the wifi was off and it was on 4g. Then the wifi will immediately come back on. And yes I do have it set to "always" keep wifi on during sleep. So I don't know if this is a bug or what. Doesn't seem to affect battery life that much, and the wifi coming back on is immediate. But sometimes it does this and sometimes it doesn't.

Anyone else having this issue? Or know a fix? (Besides trying a custom ROM...I'm trying to hold out until they fix the shutter delay issue with the 4.0.3 ROMs)

For the record I am rooted, but I am running completely stock 4.0.2

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've noticed a few times when I turn the screen on, if I had it on wifi, that the wifi was off and it was on 4g. Then the wifi will immediately come back on. And yes I do have it set to "always" keep wifi on during sleep. So I don't know if this is a bug or what. Doesn't seem to affect battery life that much, and the wifi coming back on is immediate. But sometimes it does this and sometimes it doesn't.

Anyone else having this issue? Or know a fix? (Besides trying a custom ROM...I'm trying to hold out until they fix the shutter delay issue with the 4.0.3 ROMs)

For the record I am rooted, but I am running completely stock 4.0.2

Do you by any chance have a app such as a tasker, scheduler, Juice Defender, etc. that could be kicking in when the screen goes off?

Good luck.

whopua

Reaction score
I have an app called wi-fi lock and i haven't had that problem once.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

nbucko

Reaction score
I want to say I've noticed this before as well but I'll have to check and make sure. It never happened while I was downloading a large file so I never really cared that it switched since I'm on unlimited.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Heck this still happens on my d1.. wifi set to never sleep but it still switches ...

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

Erikson

Reaction score
This happens on my GSM Galaxy Nexus. It started right after I rooted it and flashed to 4.0.2

I'm trying to figure out how to fix it. Looks like a software issue. It seems to happen later in the day, it might be that I'm only noticing it once I get home though.

EDIT: I should say, I have my WiFi settings set to not have Wifi off when sleeping.