4g data issues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

clownpuncher

Reaction score
I have 9 friends w/ Verizon 4g phones, 2 are Rezounds and those are the only 2 doing the same thing as mine. My wife has the razr and no issues whatsoever. If the nexus does the same thing I'm gonna lose my mind. I will let you know.

cdm369

Reaction score
grayson russell said:
What I don't understand is this issue started around the first part of June & its got to be network. Does anyone know if Verizon did something strange then? Before June this phone was dead solid perfect. That seems to be the time frame when other people started having the problem. Mine works fine on 3g but I would like 4g to work since I bought a 4g phone. Verizon will give me whatever I want, but they don't have another phone I want. I don't know what to do here,I guess I could just keep it on 3g until someone fines a fix. Thanks to everyone on the forums for their support. Grayson.

If you look back that's about time vzw started their massive push to upgrade LTE services. Possibility I think...

clownpuncher

Reaction score
One last point is all the other devices have ics EXCEPT the Rezounds. Does anyone have a Rezound with ics having this issue?

cdm369

Reaction score
clownpuncher said:
One last point is all the other devices have ics EXCEPT the Rezounds. Does anyone have a Rezound with ics having this issue?

I have the latest leak and I drop data some but not too often. We don't have 4g here yet and I am in a fringe 3g area when at home. I never drop when I'm in town.

Reaction score
I'm the FIRST person to hate on Verizon, and I'm sure this somehow boils down to their lack of concern for their customers.....and I hate to throw any wrenches into what you peeps are thinking, but my gb rezound hasn't had any problems (metro Atlanta and yes I'm knocking on wood like crazy) and I've got a few friends that have this issue on other big red 4g devices including the nexus. Hopefully its just a network issue that gets worked out soon!

billcows

Reaction score
I have the latest leaked ics. My 4g had a few hiccups but it seems to be ok now. I would say its a local network issue.

tony4life

Reaction score
It looks to me that it's either an antenna issue or a network coverage issue. I'm in a fringe 4G area where I get enough of a 4G signal that 3G doesn't kick in. However, the closer I get to downtown (Fort Worth, TX) I get a consistent connection. I received a replacement Rezound when my original handset would not longer receive ANY data connection including GPS (strange). The replacement arrived with a back cover and I'm glad I tested both covers knowing that the antennas are located there. The original cover worked better. Maybe if you call into telephone support you can ask VZW to send you just a cover and see if that takes care of your issue. I'm at the north-east corner of Fort Worth and it seems to be a border area for their DFW 4G service. I drive a mile or two south or east and my data connection becomes much more consistent.

The only other thing I can think of is that with the transition of 3G to 4G networks, VZW's network authorization system is having a difficult time dealing with phones that have SIMs. Can you guys check with owners of 3G handsets to see how they're doing with their data connections?

Reaction score
I have changed back covers & that has not helped my issue with 4g as I stated before this issue started the first part of June. I can put mine on3 g only & I have no problems. This has to be a network problem. I last spoke with Verizon yesterday & they are calling me back today to see if what they did to my phone fixed it. It did not so I don't know what the hell iam going to do here as iam tired of having a phone that does not work properly.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
grayson russell said:
I have changed back covers & that has not helped my issue with 4g as I stated before this issue started the first part of June. I can put mine on3 g only & I have no problems. This has to be a network problem. I last spoke with Verizon yesterday & they are calling me back today to see if what they did to my phone fixed it. It did not so I don't know what the hell iam going to do here as iam tired of having a phone that does not work properly.

your phone works property, its the network that seems to be having the issues.

cdm369

Reaction score
cybertec69 said:
your phone works property, its the network that seems to be having the issues.

Agree...think it has a lot to do with network expansion...4g

Reaction score
I did not mean to imply that it was my phone, that's been ruled out, but everyone who has a 4 g phone is not having this issue & I would like to be one of them & I don't know what to do here. I live in Charlotte & we have excellent signal here. Verizon has no answers on this issue. I got the phone when it was released in I think November & never had the first issue until early June. Verizon is telling me they haven't done anything in my area. All this makes no sense to me.

clownpuncher

Reaction score
grayson russell said:
I did not mean to imply that it was my phone, that's been ruled out, but everyone who has a 4 g phone is not having this issue & I would like to be one of them & I don't know what to do here. I live in Charlotte & we have excellent signal here. Verizon has no answers on this issue. I got the phone when it was released in I think November & never had the first issue until early June. Verizon is telling me they haven't done anything in my area. All this makes no sense to me.

I've been using my new nexus for 3 hours now with absolutely NO ISSUES! My rezound would've cut off tons of times by now. I don't like the nexus as much as the rezound but the working 4g makes up for it. My issues started when everyone else's did and this is a huge relief. Thanks to big red for the replacement.

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on the nexus. Pm me on how this working out for you after a few days & you've had time to play with it. Thanks. Grayson.

clownpuncher

Reaction score
oakdale_mike said:
I'm under the impression that the 4g intermittent disconnect problems are not limited to the Rezound. I hope you'll come back and let us know if the Nexus really solves the problem.

Over 3 hours now and the nexus has no issues. My rezound would've cut off hundreds of times by now. I can actually listen to slacker and surf at the same time! Its been a month and a half since I could do that!! What a relief except I miss sense already!! Lol oh well.

Iggy08

Reaction score
I'm on the fence about switching phones, but I'm really scared it might be the answer. They need to roll this damn ICS update out so we can see if that fixes the issue. The only thing I'd be willing to switch for is the S3