Anyone having heat or reboot issues with their Rezound?

dmar1224

Reaction score
I just registered and have been following the boot loop comments. I have gone through the *#*#4636#*#* routine with no luck what so ever. Is there any other think that can cause this? My Rezound is a 4 day old warranty refurbished replacement for two Bionic's with no connectivity. Go figure. When will they sell a phone that actually works?

Reaction score
I just registered and have been following the boot loop comments. I have gone through the *#*#4636#*#* routine with no luck what so ever. Is there any other think that can cause this? My Rezound is a 4 day old warranty refurbished replacement for two Bionic's with no connectivity. Go figure. When will they sell a phone that actually works?

Have you tried performing a factory reset? You can do so via HBoot if you turn your phone off then power on holding both the power button and volume down...

My Rezound rocks the Red N Black... Get over it... Now to get this thing Rooted!

dmar1224

Reaction score
I have reset both ways several times to no avail. I have left the sim out when resetting the radio as I was instructed to. I left the sim out while resetting as well. Don't really know where else to turn and the phone cycles so quickly that it's hard to get much done on it.

Reaction score
I have reset both ways several times to no avail. I have left the sim out when resetting the radio as I was instructed to. I left the sim out while resetting as well. Don't really know where else to turn and the phone cycles so quickly that it's hard to get much done on it.

Ok, first, once you have set the radio to the correct settings, do not "restart" your phone. If you need to restart your phone, shut it off then turn it back on...

Second, turn off fastboot. It really is there for convenience but it doesn't allow the phone to fully reboot and tends to eventually cause force closes n whatnot. Don't use it...

Third, does your phone start up without bootloop if you start your phone without the sim card in the phone???

Rezound rocks the Red N Black... Get over it... Now to get this thing Rooted!

dmar1224

Reaction score
I just turned of fastloop. Thank you.
As far as restarting, the phone reboots so quickly that it's all i can do to change/confirm the radio setting.
If I pull the battery and reinsert the phone will stay off. When powered on it boots, I might get 15 seconds of activity and it freezes and reboots.
Presently I am doing these things without the sim card in. Is that an issue? I have tried both ways and there doesn't seem to be a difference.
Appreciate your help!

Reaction score
Man, I'm sorry to be the one to suggest it but, sounds like you truly have a dud... Too bad... Return it, try again... If it doesn't work this time, DEMAND a Nexus! I have both, you should be ok with either phone...

My Rezound rocks the Red N Black... Get over it... Now to get this thing Rooted!

Faithfill

Reaction score
I've experienced the overheating issue I'm experimenting with the display settings to see if it helps with this issue which is draining the battery. So far it hasn't happened as much as before. I still may take my phone to get tested at the local store.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

phxslayer

Reaction score
I never had the heat issue but I did have problems with random reboots. I too had my phone for several weeks before experiencing the reboots.

I ran the clean script and removed 90% of the bloatware and it seems to have stopped.

dmar1224

Reaction score
Took my rezound into the local store today and they said they don't even try to troubleshoot anymore.....just ordered me another on. So, I am assuming i should change the radio settings as soon as it comes as well as uncheck fastboot. I know nothing of cleaning up verizon bloat but would really like to do something to clear out some crap. What's the most efficient way?

Mondingo

Reaction score
Took my rezound into the local store today and they said they don't even try to troubleshoot anymore.....just ordered me another on. So, I am assuming i should change the radio settings as soon as it comes as well as uncheck fastboot. I know nothing of cleaning up verizon bloat but would really like to do something to clear out some crap. What's the most efficient way?

I would like to know this too...

Bad ass REZOUND!

Reaction score
I would like to know this too...

Bad ass REZOUND!

There is a clean tool script by ScottsRoms that allows you temp root, disable all bloat (or some if you'd like), disable Sense and run a launcher instead, install a non advertisement script or the opposite of any of these options...

I use it myself, works without headache...

OP
jdorf40

jdorf40

Reaction score
I'd take it back again. I got a refurbished one that looks brand new and works redonk. This sounds like a nightmare even worse than mine. But I don't jack with that stuff. Would you rather have a brand new phone that doesn't work or a refurbished one that does? If it looks new and works as new then to me it's new. It's not like a car that I plan on owning for 5-7 years. But that's just me. Having a phone that works was my biggest issue when mine started giving me headaches.