Anyone having heat or reboot issues with their Rezound?

OP
jdorf40

jdorf40

Reaction score
Well as you can see, there's been a few issues for me as well. But the one I've had since Monday is a rockin'. VZ should work with you since it's so new. They didn't give me a hard time at all. My only complaint was having to wait overnight. But if it's working and you can make calls and what not, then the overnight isn't such a bad deal. Being it's Friday and all, you'll unfortunately be s.o.l. until Monday. I would check with the local store first...just to be safe.

L

leroybrute

I'm sizzlin' but thats an entirely different topic :p

Its running at about 45c after a few minutes of talking.

Ok that is only 113 degrees f. That is not to hot for the phone. When you should worry is 120 to 125 I run rezound that high quite often. My GNex I got yesterday has already hit 125 degrees a few times. So if your worried about heat and data connection because the GNex is having problems in those 2 areas. Get battery circle and you can watch battery temp from notification bar. If you download it open it and go into its settings and check mark all three settings and you can keep track of battery conditions. Heres a pic.
View attachment 44000

mysticalmalissa

Reaction score
Ok that is only 113 degrees f. That is not to hot for the phone. When you should worry is 120 to 125 I run rezound that high quite often. My GNex I got yesterday has already hit 125 degrees a few times. So if your worried about heat and data connection because the GNex is having problems in those 2 areas. Get battery circle and you can watch battery temp from notification bar. If you download it open it and go into its settings and check mark all three settings and you can keep track of battery conditions. Heres a pic.
View attachment 44000

Ok, thanks for your help. =)

L

leroybrute

I meant to say give the GNex a couple of days to see if these 2 areas get straightened out. From your sig looks like you are in timbuctoo, so be sure you get the right one. :icon_ lala:

Reaction score
I had my Rezound for almost 3 weeks with no issues and then one day it just started rebooting over and over and over again. I took it into the VZ store and they warrantied it. I got the new phone the next day and when I powered it up it was working fine. As soon as I charged it though I noticed it was getting really warm and after I unplugged it there were several operational issues. It wouldn't place a call, the charge indication on the battery icon was still showing as though it was actively charging, as was the orange charge light indicator. The camera LED's wouldn't turn on etc. If I tried to restart the phone or power it off completely it would freeze in process and just be a black screen that was backlit. If I popped the battery out and restarted it, it would function properly again. I've tried using different cords, different outlets and it seems to do the same thing regardless of where I charge it. This is my second Rezound and I'm just wondering if I've got bad luck or if this phone has some issues that HTC needs to address. I'm waiting until 10am to go to the local VZ store and see if they'll give me another one, or if I'll have to wait until another phone gets sent overnight...but this is really starting to get frustrating. I had the Thunderbolt before this and didn't have any problems with it at all and I love the HTC layout but wtf? Grrr...:angry:

Try this... Before you follow the instructions make sure you remove your SIM card...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/htc-rezound/184994-rezound-stuck-boot-loop.html Rezound Rocks the Red n Black... Get over it... Now to get this thing rooted

OP
jdorf40

jdorf40

Reaction score
VZ sent me a new one but thanks for the post. If it happens again, I know something else I can try. I've had no issues with this replacement...fingers crossed...

Sent from my Rezound using DroidForums

calhob

Reaction score
Rezound issue

I also just returned my second Rezound. Both times the thing got caught in some sort of infinite reboot phase rendering it useless. Of course NOBODY at Best Buy or Verizon had heard of any previous problems with this model. In addition, I had some problems with the second one getting weak reception. The painful part is that I LOVE this phone, great audio, GREAT video, good camera and blistering speed. The battery was even giving me a full days charge (on 3g). I have a new one coming that I dont plan to pick up. Likely going to the Nexus Prime instead ( after MUCH fighting w B Buy and getting help from V) Can anyone offer advice? I love the Rezound, but maybe the Samsung would be a better choice? I have two friends who just got the Samsung and they love it.

cp24eva

Reaction score
either phone is a great device. No device comes without it quirks though. I myself have had 0 problems. I say battery life is not a problem because with 4G no phone will have better than great battery life. But other have had a few issues with it. I got my phone directly from the VZW factory...i think. Ordered it online. No problems here. No reboots, no missing apps, very seldom will it be flaming hot. No 4G data drops other that the 4G outage. No dead pixels. No popping audio or a constant whine. It's just been pure bliss. But Samsung has made a great phone as well. With either one I don't think you will be dissapointed. Just depends on the phone you get. If it's a dud, get a replacement. If the replacement is a dud, then yeah...switch it up. Thats what I did with the bionic. Got a replacement. Replacement was better...but only after I rooted it. but still had data drops. Don't to the G Nex because everyone else is doing it. Do it because you want to and it makes you happy.

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
gotta say I love the rezound too, mine has had no "real" issues for me :)

mysticalmellissa... you're in my neck of the woods LOL. I grew up in and still live around jasper haha

Reaction score

Mondingo

Reaction score
I had my Rezound for almost 3 weeks with no issues and then one day it just started rebooting over and over and over again. I took it into the VZ store and they warrantied it. I got the new phone the next day and when I powered it up it was working fine. As soon as I charged it though I noticed it was getting really warm and after I unplugged it there were several operational issues. It wouldn't place a call, the charge indication on the battery icon was still showing as though it was actively charging, as was the orange charge light indicator. The camera LED's wouldn't turn on etc. If I tried to restart the phone or power it off completely it would freeze in process and just be a black screen that was backlit. If I popped the battery out and restarted it, it would function properly again. I've tried using different cords, different outlets and it seems to do the same thing regardless of where I charge it. This is my second Rezound and I'm just wondering if I've got bad luck or if this phone has some issues that HTC needs to address. I'm waiting until 10am to go to the local VZ store and see if they'll give me another one, or if I'll have to wait until another phone gets sent overnight...but this is really starting to get frustrating. I had the Thunderbolt before this and didn't have any problems with it at all and I love the HTC layout but wtf? Grrr...:angry:

mine just started rebooting today after 3 weeks of having a phone. What the heck after 3 weeks.

Bad ass REZOUND!

OP
jdorf40

jdorf40

Reaction score
I'm not sure what the deal was. My replacement is the shee-ot though. I frickin love this phone. It's been flawless and life is all good again. I wish you luck in getting back to normal.

Sent from my Rezound using DroidForums

Reaction score
mine just started rebooting today after 3 weeks of having a phone. What the heck after 3 weeks.

Bad ass REZOUND!

Yeah, mine started doing that after owning it for about two weeks...

The fix did work permanently though...

My Rezound rocks the Red N Black... Get over it... Now to get this thing Rooted!

Mondingo

Reaction score
Yeah, mine started doing that after owning it for about two weeks...

The fix did work permanently though...

My Rezound rocks the Red N Black... Get over it... Now to get this thing Rooted!

Did they send you a brand new phone, or a refurbished one? Refurbs do not come with anything. No back or battery or sim card etc? So far it hasn't done it in 2days though. I do not want a refurbished phone.

Bad ass REZOUND!

Reaction score
Did they send you a brand new phone, or a refurbished one? Refurbs do not come with anything. No back or battery or sim card etc? So far it hasn't done it in 2days though. I do not want a refurbished phone.

Bad ass REZOUND!

The fix I have listed is what fixed my phone. No replacement needed.

However I had to have it replaced anyway because of overheating issues so in essence...

Yes I got a New, in retail box with all accessories, phone. However, I bought mine through Amazon and their replacement policy calls for new phones, not certified replacements...

However, if you bought straight from Verizon, because of their extended holiday return policy, you should be able to get a brand New retail boxed phone (or so I was told by a Verizon representative until he saw I ordered it through Amazon).

But, if the reboot issue is your only problem, its probably directly related to the *#*#4636#*#* radio fix...