Rezound Boot Loop HELP PLEASE!!

Rawbutter

Reaction score
Hey everybody! I'm an HTC Rezound owner of over a year now and I'm on my third one and I have never had a phone give me more problems than the Rezound. When it works I LOVE the device but thats very rare as of late.

Anyway, lately whenever my rezound dies or turns off for whatever reason, It gets stuck in an unforgiving bootloop that I have to remove the battery to fix. I know what you're thinking. It's the network radio (the wcdma or whatever) problem that most rezounds have. And i'm 99% sure its not. I've had that boot loop before multiple times and this one is not like that. When I turn the phone on, it gives me the white "HTC" screen which is usually followed by the "beats" screen. But no, it just stays on the HTC screen for a little longer than normal and then goes black. After a few seconds black it gives me the white HTC powering off screen and then powers itself off only to try to power itself back on again and it gives me the same thing over and over until I pull the battery. The only way i have been able to get past the bootloop lately is pure luck. Ill just sit there trying to power it on and if it gets caught in the loop like it does 97% of the time, pull the battery and try again and hope it'll start up properly this time. I have had seemed to get more luck when it is plugged into my computer when I turn it on but everytime it dies or something it gets harder and harder to get it to boot up properly and now its been doing this for the past 12 hours and i have important messages waiting for me. If anyone has any ideas other than a factory reset it would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thank you for taking the time to read this!

Bpowder33

Reaction score
This can be a SIM issue, try removing the SIM and powering up, go into Mobile Networks and toggle to GSM (or something other than LTE/CDMA) then wait a minute and toggle back... power down and reinsert SIM and power up, if its a SIM issue it should clear it up or a new SIM might be necessary.

Might just need a new SIM

acejavelin

Reaction score
Is the phone stock? And if you are sure it's not the network bootloop issue, then this sounds like corruption of the file system and short of a factory default, I would boot into Recovery and wipe the cache.

You say this is not the network bootloop issue, so removing the SIM card when this occurs does not make any changes, it continues to bootloop?

Bpowder33

Reaction score
is the phone stock? This sounds like corruption of the file system and short of a factory default, i would boot into recovery and wipe the cache.

You say this is not the "network bootloop" issue, so removing the sim card when this occurs does not make any changes, it continues to bootloop?

this! Lol

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Is the phone stock? And if you are sure it's not the network bootloop issue, then this sounds like corruption of the file system and short of a factory default, I would boot into Recovery and wipe the cache.

You say this is not the network bootloop issue, so removing the SIM card when this occurs does not make any changes, it continues to bootloop?

Factory reset is only going to wipe data/cache. They should probably do a full RUU which will re-format /system....if they're going that far.