Rezound Stuck in Boot Loop

MarkS1110

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
no adverse effects from this change

There will be no adverse effects from this change. You are setting the phone to it proper operating mode. Verizon is supposed to send out a fix to eliminate the possibility of this S/W bug affecting the phone. That is what the Tech support told me 3 weeks ago.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't count on it. Verizon isn't exactly timely with it's updates. Unless it's going to be rolled into the Rezound ICS package, I wouldn't count on seeing any updates for the Rezound any time soon.

Snoking

Reaction score
When I had boot loop a few weeks ago VZW wanted to send me a new replace phone, and knew nothing of this fix.

I told them I had seen a fix posted on the internet. I found this and fixed it, then cancelled the replacement before it shipped.

Aimperial

Reaction score
My phone started doing the random boot a few days ago....... I followed the instructions from the earlier post and my phone is in the correct setting. I guess if it continues I may have to do a FRS.

Sent from my HTC REZOUND using Droid Forums

Snoking

Reaction score
Aimperial said:
My phone started doing the random boot a few days ago....... I followed the instructions from the earlier post and my phone is in the correct setting. I guess if it continues I may have to do a FRS.

If you read my post on the 26th at the bottom I state I did not change anything the first time in the special info area and the rebooting ended. So your issue may be resolved just by going there.

Last edited:

Aimperial

Reaction score
Snoking said:
If you read my post on the 26th at the bottom I state I did not change anyone the first time in the special info area and the rebooting ended. So your issue may be resolved just by going there.

I did read your earlier post........ I did go there, everything is set correctly. My phone just rebooted. Sorry to say it didn't work for me. I just did a BP, let's see if happens again. Thanks so much for your imput.

Last edited:

Bigbootyman

Reaction score
If any of you happen to be rooted, try booting back into bootloader and reflashing the PH98img.zip and you should be ok. Short easy process and worked for me. Sometimes wifi gets out of sync and this will also fix that issue as well.

1tfrot

Reaction score
I wouldn't count on it. Verizon isn't exactly timely with it's updates. Unless it's going to be rolled into the Rezound ICS package, I wouldn't count on seeing any updates for the Rezound any time soon.

on that note, I talked to one of the tech guys at verizon (corporate customer service-spoke with them about fixing the boot loop before I found the info here) and he confirmed we are getting ICS for the rezound. he just didn't know when, but made it sound like it was soon.

WallyIAm

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Wow. I just had this happen to me. I've been using an extended battery, and thought I'd pop the standard one back in to charge it. Stupid. It must have been totally drained, and it sent me into bootloop. I had to pull the sim card. I was really worried for a bit.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

pbickel

Reaction score
WallyIAm said:
Wow. I just had this happen to me. I've been using an extended battery, and thought I'd pop the standard one back in to charge it. Stupid. It must have been totally drained, and it sent me into bootloop. I had to pull the sim card. I was really worried for a bit.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

Mine does this at times whether its from standard to extended or vise versa but the only thing that fixes it for me is a hard reset

Snoking

Reaction score
Well mine just went into boot loop again on power off and back on. Found it in WCDMA this time and changed that. It is up and running. I had it in WiFi when I powered it off???? Anyway, bring on ICS, maybe this glich will be gone. Think about all the phones that VZW replaced to fix this issue!!!!

I wonder if one should dial the code and check the setting before restarting the phone?

Chris

Last edited:

Snoking

Reaction score
OK, here is something interesting. I just type in the code and it says cdma auto. Switch the phone out of 3g only and did it again. Guess what? It changed! Lte.........

PatG

Reaction score
Snoking said:
OK, here is something interesting. I just type in the code and it says cdma auto. Switch the phone out of 3g only and did it again. Guess what? It changed! Lte.........

I usually keep mine on 3G only since I am usually not in a 4g reception area. I have found on a number of occasions the phone indicate 4g when I am in a town that has it. In other words the phone automatically switched to LTE. This has happened about 6 times now so it is not me leaving the phone in LTE mode?

Snoking

Reaction score
PatG said:
I usually keep mine on 3G only since I am usually not in a 4g reception area. I have found on a number of occasions the phone indicate 4g when I am in a town that has it. In other words the phone automatically switched to LTE. This has happened about 6 times now so it is not me leaving the phone in LTE mode?

Seems somewhere buried down near the sim card is a little guy with his hand on a setting knob!

Last edited: