Rezound Stuck in Boot Loop

Reaction score
Copied from an off topic post in the DROID Razr forum (because I switched from a Razr to a Rezound)

Yeah, so, because of all my indecisiveness, I now am the proud owner of a Boot Looping HTC Rezound... I get all the way into the OS for a minute or two (no signal or data whatsoever), then BAM, back to the HTC boot screen! I didn't even try to Temp root or anything! Factory reset via HBoot, no dice... WTF man?

*Glares* at my wife smiling at me with her shiny new RAZR working without a quirk...

Good thing it only cost me a penny... Get it replaced tomorrow... I hope I can get Verizon to exchange it because waiting for Amazon without my beautiful new life line would suck a$$...

Turns out, the factory radio settings that come with the phone eventually clash with the SIM card??? Way to go on such a small detail HTC/Verizon...

*#*#4636#*#* Under phone info you will find that the network is factory set to WCDMA Preferred... I guess the SIM card decides sometime along the way that it doesn't like that much... Setting the network to CDMA EVDO/LTE - Auto completely corrects the problem and the phone is humming along once again...

So annoyed right now... I lost near 24hrs of contact with the outside world (primarily business related) because of this STUPID a$$ setting???

Go figure...

Thought I'd repost in the right spot to let everyone know of the potential error and the easy fix...

Exquissie

Reaction score
My phone did the same thing the.first day I got it. I am getting a new phone. My phone gave me an error and I couldn't use it. I was so pee-odd

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OP
ThaSurgeonGeneral
Reaction score
Well, things aren't always perfect... HTC has put out good product, save for the TBolt (which turned out to be good product and bad programming), but there is always a few amongst the sea of creations that can be considered lemons...

avlena

Reaction score
wish i knew about this fix the other day. I spent an hour at the VZW store trying different SIM cards, and another half hour on the phone afterwards. Then I factory reset the phone, and everything worked again. :p changing the network settings would've been a lot easier than having to re-install and re-setup my phone!! Thank goodness for MyBackup Pro, lol.

OP
ThaSurgeonGeneral
Reaction score
wish i knew about this fix the other day. I spent an hour at the VZW store trying different SIM cards, and another half hour on the phone afterwards. Then I factory reset the phone, and everything worked again. :p changing the network settings would've been a lot easier than having to re-install and re-setup my phone!! Thank goodness for MyBackup Pro, lol.

Damn, sorry to hear you've had to go through all that... Weird thing is, I would have too but, for some reason, my phone WILL not perform a factory reset?

Not sure what that means? Lol

cp24eva

Reaction score
But you did come to a final resolution on it though right? They didn't give you a new phone?

avlena

Reaction score
same here, no new phone needed. Which was a relief, cuz i'd have to go through Amazon, and they're backordered 2-4 weeks. my poor hubby had to exchange his Rezound because it wouldn't recognize the SIM card (definitely a HW prob), and now he keeps staring longingly at my phone, lol.

sucks about not being able to factory reset... rather odd issue.

cp24eva

Reaction score
As long as you guys/gals are stickin with the Rezound....you are still ok in my book ;)

OP
ThaSurgeonGeneral
Reaction score
As long as you guys/gals are stickin with the Rezound....you are still ok in my book ;)

Don't plan on switching, just want it to work the way its supposed to! -That Is All-

Can't wait for this thing to be rooted n rommed up tho... Kinda forgot how much crap comes from Verizon (but I actually do like and play Let's Gold HD tho)...

cp24eva

Reaction score
Don't plan on switching, just want it to work the way its supposed to! -That Is All-

Can't wait for this thing to be rooted n rommed up tho... Kinda forgot how much crap comes from Verizon (but I actually do like and play Let's Gold HD tho)...

There is a script out that lets you get rid of all the crapware. Somewhere in the rezound forum.
I don't want to root my phone just yet until I see some great functions presented. I rooted my Bionic just so I can fix the looming issues it had.

OP
ThaSurgeonGeneral
Reaction score
There is a script out that lets you get rid of all the crapware. Somewhere in the rezound forum.
I don't want to root my phone just yet until I see some great functions presented. I rooted my Bionic just so I can fix the looming issues it had.

I want it rooted for alternate kernels with both under/over capabilities, recovery backups, freeze unwanted crapware and hacks like scrolling wallpaper and such...

Not too much to ask for right?

Plus CM9 Being developed for this phone would be a plus...

cp24eva

Reaction score
CM9 for the phone would be nice along with a reliable backup option. That I'd like to have. An no of course it isn't too much to ask for! And when you say scrolling wallpaper, do you mean when you go from one screen and swipe to the next and the wallpaper "scrolls" to the side? or are you talking about some type of auto wallpaper switching every given time frame? I'd like that!

OP
ThaSurgeonGeneral
Reaction score
CM9 for the phone would be nice along with a reliable backup option. That I'd like to have. An no of course it isn't too much to ask for! And when you say scrolling wallpaper, do you mean when you go from one screen and swipe to the next and the wallpaper "scrolls" to the side? or are you talking about some type of auto wallpaper switching every given time frame? I'd like that!

It's just when you scroll from left to right or right to left and the wallpaper moves with it...

Auto wallpaper, if tastefully done, could be a good deal but it could also be terribly annoying too...

Personally, I wish there was an autofit feature so whatever pictures you take in widescreen are automatically resized to fit the desktop without cropping...

cp24eva

Reaction score
I believe GO launcher ha this wallpaper you speak of. And the auto fit feature would be nice too .

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk