Hello and HELP! please Rezound jumped off a JetSki

Misplaced

Reaction score
I am a total noob, never ventured into rooting or anything like that so hopefully my question will be simple. Long story short my rezound sank in 15 feet of water at Lake of the Ozarks for nearly 20 minutes. It was finally recovered and brought to the surface and was still on and functioning , shortly thereafter it died and never came back (not surprisingly). Completely took it apart cleaned it, tried all the ticks and it's gone. It would boot to the green HTC screen, I could get to the boot menu, but regardless of anything selected it would stay on the Green HTC screen. Now the display has shorted completely and is unreadable.
So my question is, can I retrieve any pictures or media at all? Are they normally on the sd card? I used to have to type in a password every time the phone booted, and when I try to see the SD card on a pc, it wants me to format it. Can I use the sd card that came out of the lake in the replacement Rezound I have coming just to recover anything that is on it? Would there be anything on it? Thanks!

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree with firefighter, take the SD out. Wait long enough for the moisture to evaporate and then stick the microSD in a converter and plug it into a PC. If you're lucky, you'll be able to recovery your pics/music/video. The phone however is probably toast.

indee2025

Reaction score
I'm not sure what advice you want...no one on here will be able to tell you with any useful certainty whether or not the sd card you have will allow you to pull any data off it, since you're waiting for a replacement it seems you'll know before anyone else whether the card will still be valid once you put it in your replacement device...so I guess I'm confused on what you are wanting an answer for since you're in the best seat to answer your own question with any accuracy....I'll throw you an idea though, if you are still waiting on a replacement, go to a store and put your sd card in a device there and see if it pulls any data from it.