1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Can't figure out why I can't put files of any kind on my SD card, please help!?

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound' started by Kidputer84, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Kidputer84

Kidputer84 New Member

Since I bought my Rezound a few years ago, the phone has never wanted to put anything on the SD card, everything has always gone on the phone storage. Say I'm downloading a movie, the file path will say mnt/sdcard/downloads/blahblahblah, but I can go into storage under settings after the download is complete and the SD card will still be completely empty, my card is encrypted and I've exhausted my phone skills trying to figure this out, so now I'm here, any help is much appreciated. Thanks!
    Also, what is the difference between internal storage, phone storage and the SD card anyway?
  2. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Moderator Premium Member

There are two SD cards. Internal and external. External is /mnt/sdcard/sd_ext or /mnt/sdcard2. Your internal SD card will be /mnt/sdcard/
  3. acejavelin

acejavelin Member

The phone has 16GB of internal space, partitioned for the operating system and essential things, and a ~2.5GB Phone storage area for programs, and ~11GB of virtual "SD Card" storage. It also has a an external 16GB card (by default, other sizes are supported) and is for storing stuff like music, videos, and other files.

The phone and most programs see SD Card storage and Internal Storage as the same thing, /mnt/sdcard and /sdcard are the same, to access the external 16GB SD Card the program would need to be set to "External Storage" or /extsd or /mnt/extsd (sometimes /mnt/sdcard0 and /mnt/sdcard1 depending on the OS).

Most programs do not use the external storage by default, the internal camera can be set to use that to save pictures and videos, but most 3rd party apps will not. You can copy your own files or manually move files to the external SD Card.
Search tags for this page

can't put anything on my sd card

can't put anything on sd card

can't put stuff into sd
cant put anythihg on the sd card

cant put anything on phone sd card

cant put anything on sd card

cant put files on external sdcard android

change default save location to external sd card on rezound

how can i figure out what is on my phone storage htc rezound
how to remove the sd card & the ext sd card out of the htc r
i can't see sd on my htc