Rezound is amazing!

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound' started by Bpowder33, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Bpowder33

Bpowder33 Member

Ratings:
    +8
    picked up the Rezound the other day with extended battery and coming from the og DROID this is like night and day. This phone works like I always wanted my og too with all the rooting and hacking i attempted but would always fall short...

I'm new to HTC phones so I have a couple of quick questions. first, is there anyway of altering the dock bar? It seems pointless to always have the personalize button once you set up the phone.. second, are custom led colors supported? doesn't seem to work with go SMS?

any response would be appreciated. and anyone looking to upgrade this is an excellent choice for the 199 minus the 50 loyalty discount I had..

Sent from my HTC Rezound using DroidForums

2. idiotekniQues

idiotekniQues Member

Ratings:
    +0
    the led only has orange and green. and it's not very noticeable either.

3. kimintenn

kimintenn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Previous poster was right... only orange and green and then I think somebody said also dark orange when the two are combined LOL. I miss the hot pink and blue from my OG Droid.

I don't think you can change that bar at the bottom but I agree the personalize button seems kinda useless. I love that you can change which apps are on your lock screen! That is probably my favorite part about the phone.

4. jchammer123

jchammer123 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I too came from the og Droid and absolutely love this phone. This my first HTC phone and definitely won't be my last. Motorola lost me with their latest phones, (personal preference). As soon as I got the rezound I rooted it just to get the bloat off and then realized I didn't need to do anything else with it to make it awesome, lol.

Also, I really love the Sense skin! Much better than all the other skins out there

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

5. kimintenn

kimintenn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I really really want to root (or use CleanTool) to get all the bloatware off of mine but I have no idea where to even start. I've seen a couple of tutorials but I still feel a little lost. I hate having all those extra apps running in the background.

6. jchammer123

jchammer123 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    The first thing you should do is familiarize yourself with unlocking the bootloader. That's the first thing and the hardest thing to do. There are several threads about this that are great. Do a Google search for all things root+rezound and you'll get tutorials on everything you need. Just make sure and read everything and ask questions if you don't understand something. Feel free to send me a pm if you have any questions.

7. Bpowder33

Bpowder33 Member

Ratings:
    +8
    ya I have a question jc... do you live in North East Ohio and wanna do it for me! lol, I started reading a tutorial earlier and it looked above and beyond the one click root I did on my og DROID.. I'm hoping a ota ics build comes with the ability to remove apps or at least freeze. won't be holding my breath though

8. jchammer123

jchammer123 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Lol, I would have to travel a long way, I'm in Houston. It's honestly not as difficult as it sounds. The hardest thing is getting everything installed on your computer, (android sdk, Java jdk, and HTC sync) even though you install HTC sync for the drivers and then uninstall sync.

If you want, when I get some free time tomorrow, I can type up a detailed instruction list and pm it to you?

9. Bpowder33

Bpowder33 Member

Ratings:
    +8
    that would be awesome... honestly not in a big hurry so whenever you get a chance will be great. really enjoying how this thing is running out of the box..

10. dboone04

dboone04 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    htcdev.com register an account and follow the links through the bootloader. Its very simple and very straight forward once unlocked alls you need is the oneclickroot found in the development thread here...once rooted install a custom recovery and all your other rooted goodies...you can flash a rom thats literally just bloatremoval and minor tweaks or do what i've been doing just manually remove the bloat yourself and rock the sense :icon_ lala:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ht...ow-unlock-rezounds-bootloader-htcdev-com.html
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ht...t-rezound-post-bootloader-unlock-windows.html

#10 dboone04, Jan 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  11. jcardona1

jcardona1 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +40
    This is the best phone currently on Verizon. People will begin to realize this, slowly but surely.

12. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +941
    Yeah, give it about 1 more week and we should have vanilla ICS, and it will probably run better than the Nexus :)

Search tags for this page

rezound orange then green

what cool things can the htc rezound