Just Got a Rezound and Have a Few Feature Questions

Mikejl

Reaction score
My boss finally let me trade in my 2 year old OG Droid for a Rezound. I got it yesterday and had planned on playing with it for a couple of weeks before unlocking and rooting it. I ended up doing it after a couple of hours. :)

The main reason I chose the Rezound over the Nexus is I wanted a phone with a good camera and reliable 4G connections. I'm getting both with the Rezound. I love this phone. I would be great to have ICS, but I can wait for it to get pushed out. I'm anxiously looking forward for ROM development to increase.

The questions I have are:

1. The OG Droid would go into screensaver mode when in its charging dock. I kept it docked by my bed and liked that feature with only the time bouncing around on the screen. I don't have a dock for the Rezound yet, but putting it in dock mode, I see it doesn't go into screensaver mode with just the time showing. Am I out of luck or is there a setting or 3rd party app that will give me that feature?

2. The rezound doesn't have the News and Weather widget that the D1 did, does anyone know an app that will closely mimic the look, size and content?

3. My contacts now include "BAL, DATA, MIN, PMT, Warranty Center, and Global Support". I believe it picked them up from the phone itself. Is there a way to delete them or at least hide them from the list?

Mike

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Should be able to find the News & Weather widget in the market (Google's, correct?). Otherwise, might just try pulling the apk from your D1 but no idea how it will operate on the Rezound.

As for the screen saver, Kaloer Clock is free and can easily be launched manually or it will in dock mode, I believe. It's free and a nice enough clock/alarm (can wake to a music playlist). I'm sure there are other apps if you search. But why even need a screen saver? Just set up your default home screen to whatever you would like - usually the screen I like to see for a quick review of weather and time, also with my Google news ticker.

samiusmc

Reaction score
There are some apps in the market that put you into dock mode. There's one called "Dock Clock" that I think might be what you're looking for.

OP
Mikejl

Mikejl

Reaction score
Should be able to find the News & Weather widget in the market (Google's, correct?). Otherwise, might just try pulling the apk from your D1 but no idea how it will operate on the Rezound.

As for the screen saver, Kaloer Clock is free and can easily be launched manually or it will in dock mode, I believe. It's free and a nice enough clock/alarm (can wake to a music playlist). I'm sure there are other apps if you search. But why even need a screen saver? Just set up your default home screen to whatever you would like - usually the screen I like to see for a quick review of weather and time, also with my Google news ticker.
Moving the Geniwidget over from my D1 works perfectly! I'm trying out Kaloer Clock and Dock Clock right now to see which one I like best. Thanks!

There are some apps in the market that put you into dock mode. There's one called "Dock Clock" that I think might be what you're looking for.
I am leaning towards Dock Clock right now, but I need to compare the two a little longer. Thanks!

Do you guys have the same extra entries in your Contacts/People list?

Mike

jeffe65

Reaction score
Mine launches the "Dock Clock" app when I tap the time display. Once there, it goes into the time-only after 3 min. or so. But I didn't download it from the Market.

samiusmc

Reaction score
Moving the Geniwidget over from my D1 works perfectly! I'm trying out Kaloer Clock and Dock Clock right now to see which one I like best. Thanks!

I am leaning towards Dock Clock right now, but I need to compare the two a little longer. Thanks!

Do you guys have the same extra entries in your Contacts/People list?

Mike

I did have extra contacts in my list. You need to uncheck the sim card option and then delete the data from the People app to make them go away.

As far as the clock is concerned, have you tried using the clock app it comes with? If you open it up, there's a "desk clock" option. It looks similar to the Droid's multimedia dock.

OP
Mikejl

Mikejl

Reaction score
Mine launches the "Dock Clock" app when I tap the time display. Once there, it goes into the time-only after 3 min. or so. But I didn't download it from the Market.

Maybe I lost that feature when I installed Go Launcher Ex. My doesn't go into time only or else I'm doing something different.

Mike

OP
Mikejl

Mikejl

Reaction score
I did have extra contacts in my list. You need to uncheck the sim card option and then delete the data from the People app to make them go away.
I am not having success. Here are a couple of screenshots to show what I am trying to remove.

Attachments

• contacts.png
    contacts.png
    110.7 KB · Views: 320
  • Contacts2.png
    Contacts2.png
    116.9 KB · Views: 296