Rezound Stuck in Boot Loop

OP
ThaSurgeonGeneral
Reaction score
I believe GO launcher ha this wallpaper you speak of. And the auto fit feature would be nice too .

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Yeah, I know... I own ADW Launcher EX (to cover up Blur) not a launcher fan... I like the polished feel of Sense... Just a few things I wish they kept, like scrolling wallpaper...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

cp24eva

Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean! Some people don't libre like the new sense. I do.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

hatchin

Reaction score
So the only setting I can find that talks about the preffered network is under settings, wireless and networks, mobile networks, network mode, and then you can pick the prefered network mode of LTE/CDMA or CDMA only but I don't see the WCDMA that it's supposed to be factory set at. Is this the correct place for this setting? Mine was stuck in boot load after I held the power button and selected restart so I will only use shut down from now on. The only way I could get it to stop its boot cycle was to pull the battery, pull the sim card out, leace the back cover off, and then go in and change this setting to CDMA/LTE and now it works great again.

OP
ThaSurgeonGeneral
Reaction score
So the only setting I can find that talks about the preffered network is under settings, wireless and networks, mobile networks, network mode, and then you can pick the prefered network mode of LTE/CDMA or CDMA only but I don't see the WCDMA that it's supposed to be factory set at. Is this the correct place for this setting? Mine was stuck in boot load after I held the power button and selected restart so I will only use shut down from now on. The only way I could get it to stop its boot cycle was to pull the battery, pull the sim card out, leace the back cover off, and then go in and change this setting to CDMA/LTE and now it works great again.

Sorry for the late response. As included in my first post, from the dialer press *#*#4636#*#* to get into the phones sub menu... From there press Phone Information and you will find said setting...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

airtas

Reaction score
what is the difference between

WCDMA Preferred...and Setting the network to CDMA EVDO/LTE - Auto completely ?????

Seadog311

Reaction score
yea..........but

i cant even get into anything because it will reboot in the loop mode and it will not let me do anything then what?

Seadog311

Reaction score
i tried that and still nothing. And no the sim card is fried. I dont think i will be having this phone again!!!!! and what kinda setting and where do you go to do these changes?

OP
ThaSurgeonGeneral
Reaction score
i tried that and still nothing. And no the sim card is fried. I dont think i will be having this phone again!!!!! and what kinda setting and where do you go to do these changes?

Sorry I wasn't around to help... Did you get your issue resolved???

My ReZound rocks the Red-N-Black... Get over it...

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Sorry I wasn't around to help... Did you get your issue resolved???

My ReZound rocks the Red-N-Black... Get over it...

I have the same issue and no I have not been able to resolve it. I have tried all these methods. Yes, I have tried it with the SIM card out/back cover off etc etc. It just doesn't stay on long enough to apply any of these fixes. I'm unlocked and rooted with AmonRa

detroit1

Reaction score
These IDIOTS at HTC need to admit that there is design flaw with the Rezound
It is a High End Phone in many ways but too many people are having the Boot Looping issue. Until this phone, I never had that with any other phone; my last few phones were HTC EVO 3D and EVO 4G
I don't think any app is causing it; they have a problem with the way the phone connects between 3G and 4G and the back door also has an antenna and so it affects it. I had this happen to me a month ago while out of town in NYC;
no point in me calling HTC since they have no clue and will tell me this is the first time they have heard about even though 10 million people already complained about it

having the phone in 3G and then having to restart is where most people are having the problem
this is still unacceptable in terms of these fools at HTC; they still don't know about this. they blame 3rd party software and this and that but it is never their fault ! what a joke
but here is another bit of bad news; I have had the phone restart automatically twice on me this week. the phone was on and sitting right next to me and suddenly restarted without me touching it. Now I had it on 4G so the phone eventually came back on to normal but what if I had it in 3G and all of a sudden it does that? I know if I visit NYC I am putting in in 3G because I notice Verizon 4G coverage in that area is spotty so it drains the battery; if I keep in 3G the battery lasts all day easily
I am afraid of this sudden restarting that I have seen this week

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Dare I suggest you try a ROM? I've been on ICS for the last month(or more) and haven't had any issues with reboots or bootlooping. However my phone never had these problems anyway, so it might be that you have a bad handset. Personally I would replace any handset that had issues until I got a good one.

irthesteve

Reaction score
what is the difference between

WCDMA Preferred...and Setting the network to CDMA EVDO/LTE - Auto completely ?????

I followed all these steps and it fixed the problem, but I have the same question....

What is the difference between "WCDMA Preferred" and "CDMA EVDO/LTE auto" ? Is this change going to be an issue in any way from here on out?