reset my phone to change my asccount email, APPs gone now

shredhead

Reaction score
when i set up my droid i used a gmail account i no longer want to keep. i talked to someone at Verizon and they said...the only way to change my gmail account that my phone uses is to do a factory reset...i asked if my apps that i bought would be saved they said sure...well guess what ..of course they are not there with my new email i am using...i called verizon and noone seems to know anything...go figure...so that brings me here to the real world :)

anyone know how i can get my paid apps back on my phone?

thanks

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
unfortunately all apps are synced with the main gmail account you use to first sign in..

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Paid apps are tied to the Gmail account they were purchased with.

The apps are recoverable if you do a factory reset....

But NOT if you change your gmail account.

You can have more than one Gmail account. The First one is the one that has the apps tied to it.

nateccnn

Reaction score
Do a factory reset, use the original gmail account to set the phone back up. Go into settings, accounts and make a new gmail account. Chose to sync the new one and chose not to sync the old one.

You will no longer use that original gmail account for email but it will remain the main account for your apps and stuff.

Nate

OP
S

shredhead

Reaction score
Thanks guys...guess I should checked here first....grrr

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yup -- always. Don't count on your carrier's reps. I mean, they recommend that everyone install ATK...