My new droid and the Market

jsprings

Reaction score
Ok, I bought my Droid on first day of availability. Version signed me up for GMail and I guess the market is connected to that email address.

I got an new Droid, backed up my old one, swapped the SD card with the new one, restored, but my market account didn't reset my apps.

How do I find out what my GMail user id is or change it to my new email user?

I'd like to get the apps I installed and paid for on my new Droid without paying again.

Thanks,

-----Jon-----

iPirate

Reaction score
Did you ever send an email? I would ask Verizon.

validoption

Reaction score
Not to sound too skeptical, but if you've been using the Droid since November and have purchased apps through your Google account, it's hard to believe you don't know your email address. If that's the case, contact Google and confirm with them you are who say you are by providing the credit card info linked to your Google account. I'm sure they can help you out.

Good luck!

Sent from my Droid

OP
jsprings

jsprings

Reaction score
Not to sound too skeptical, but if you've been using the Droid since November and have purchased apps through your Google account, it's hard to believe you don't know your email address. If that's the case, contact Google and confirm with them you are who say you are by providing the credit card info linked to your Google account. I'm sure they can help you out.

Good luck!

Sent from my Droid

I was too excited to get the phone and rush home to learn about it that I didn't write down the accout they set up for me.

Then I set up another GMail account and thought that might be the one connected to the market, but does'nt seem so.

BTW, I am not blonde, but I act like it sometimes.