Report your Jellybean experience

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I previously had the leak the installed on a rooted Razr. After an insurance replacement I stayed on ICS and forgot how laggy the ICS update was.

This morning I got OTA JB update by checking for updates.

THIS THING IS FLYING AGAIN! Much happier with the performance. Battery life seems better, but I'll need more time to assess. I forgot how cool Google Now was for telling me how long to expect my commute to and from work would take (with traffic etc).

Overall, so far, after 4 hours, this is a very positive update. Anyone else?

Tracey4

Reaction score
Can't figure out why contacts that use Facebook pics rather than sd card pics do not have pictures on my favorites widget? So far still trying out everything else. Google now is cool, but I erased one of my weather tiles and can't figure out how to make it come back.

Side note: had this issue in ics too, but why doesn't Swype automatically capitalize the word i?

ablank

Reaction score
I agree, its super fast after the ota. Any kinks in it yet for you guys? It seems rather similar to ics just smoother. Is that what they were going for?

_skibum

Reaction score
Can't figure out why contacts that use Facebook pics rather than sd card pics do not have pictures on my favorites widget? So far still trying out everything else. Google now is cool, but I erased one of my weather tiles and can't figure out how to make it come back.

Side note: had this issue in ics too, but why doesn't Swype automatically capitalize the word i?

I am having the same issue with the favorite contacts widget. Other than that, JB seems fine so far.

cthebadge38

Reaction score
The update seemed to take care of the WiFi problem and runs much smoother than the Christmas release but it seems to have caused a new one for me. My data signal drops out frequently and my internet seems to have slowed as well. Anyone else notice this..?

OleManDan

Reaction score
One day removed from getting JB... No complaints.
My Razr works faster and smoother than ever before.
I did the FDR early yesterday morning, No problems.
I did have to download a couple of Apps that I lost.
I had to remember my wife's 'Password' for her Google account to get two Apps, and I had to re-enter the password for my WIFI to get both phones back on WIFI.
That's a small price to pay for better performance and better battery life.

blackmetal_virus

Reaction score
Experience is fine. Razr is working a lot smoother and faster, though I am a little disappointed in the weather widget being removed completely. It was nice actually having it on my phone without having to download an app, which I did anyways so that was no big deal. The only similarity to ICS is the battery life. Its still the same. I am getting at least 2 1/2 hours of battery life before it drops 10%.

When I was on GB, I would get at least 3 hours before dropping to 90% considering I am a less moderate user when I am out. Any help on improving battery life is much appreciated. Like I said, I am a moderate user, less moderate when I am out, and my settings are set to where the best they can be.

OP
L

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Experience is fine. Razr is working a lot smoother and faster, though I am a little disappointed in the weather widget being removed completely. It was nice actually having it on my phone without having to download an app, which I did anyways so that was no big deal. The only similarity to ICS is the battery life. Its still the same. I am getting at least 2 1/2 hours of battery life before it drops 10%.

When I was on GB, I would get at least 3 hours before dropping to 90% considering I am a moderate user when I am out. Any help on improving battery life is much appreciated. Like I said, I am a moderate user, less moderate when I am out, and my settings are set to where the best they can be.

Check out Foxkat's battery life suggestions here:

blackmetal_virus

Reaction score
Check out Foxkat's battery life suggestions here:

Thanks for that but at least 90% of that I've already done without being suggested. I get a full 15 hours of battery life a day, and thats even with texting. I guess 15 hours is a good amount of time? I just know that GB gave me at least 18 hours before upgrading to ICS and some people have said to get a lot more on JB but I guess thats just life. I love this phone.

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Facebook, I think because Gallery was changed adding pix to facebook from phone will require down loading Facebook app again ( that's what I had to do ) So I think thats why the FB pix were removed. Also the Clock App using on desk doc. will now stay on floating around like a wall paper after you long press on it until the clock turns blue.

fireman00

Reaction score
No issues with JB. Smoother and faster transitions between apps. Now is pretty cool. Stock camera is much improved. The only thing I wish carried over from ICS is the alarm/ timer... I used the timer all the time when grilling. Ah well, StopWatch seems to work pretty well.

illustions

Reaction score
wifi and hit spot wont work and its runnin very slow opening and closing apps and browser

jp233

Reaction score
Always stock, always unrooted Razr here.
GB to ICS to JB Leak to JB .16 --- always taken the Verizon OTA updates.

No issues with JB, except when the Leak came out on Xmas Eve, I now have multiple instances of contacts (basically they used to be consolidated, and would use the LinkedIn picture, now they are all spread out between all the different accounts that are linked to Contacts.

Not sure if I need to try to reconcile the list via the VZW website, or what. I can't really find any/many options by doing it on the phone. At least, I sure don't want to have to do each one by itself... that would take forever as I am currently listed as having 611 contacts. I'd rather wave a magic wand and have the lion's share of the work done for me, since it wasn't my fault it got screwed up...

Other than that, the .16 JB update seems just as fast, less buggy so far. I'm going to dump Chrome though, it is terrible. The stock browser is better.

americanz

Reaction score
i have an issue where my texts still say they are sending... sometimes the send and still say it. sometimes they dont send. and only since the jb update. anyone else?

OP
L

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
For those of you experiencing problems, consider biting the bullet and doing a factory data reset. Usually clears up most issues. Even though it is a a major pain in the rear.

Stock browser better than Chrome?? Wow, first time I've ever heard that.