Hows your jellybean doing

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am stoked about the improvements developers are making on jellybean roms. Its like its getting smoother with each build. With the first jb roms being almost 3 steps ahead of ics you can just imagine where we are at now. I hand people my phone in best buy, vzw, and to people with android on the streets just to show them where android is going. I get the same comments of "how can i get my phone like that". I know jb roms had a rocky start but that was because many of us panicked when the phone hung on google for more than 45 seconds.
Now that we are almost a month into jb what is your thoughts and how is your rom running.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Definitely more stable. I've been on JellyBelly 3.6 for about a week now and it's been nothing but smooth sailing.

To be honest I thought Project Butter was going to be a bit underwhelming. Yeah I heard they were making improvements to make it smoother, but really that was their main goal? Well they made me eat my words and picking up this phone and doing the most basic scrolling (like text messages) is an absolute joy. You just feel more immersed in the phone because of how well it responds to the slightest touch now. I tried running an ICS AOKP ROM again, that lasted me 30 minutes til I wanted buttery smoothness again. It sounds like a very small underwhelming upgrade, but it truly is a significant upgrade. Just their concentration on that area made Android so much more enjoyable than it already was. Project Butter was what we all wanted from the very first update and 2 years later, Google nailed it.

As for other ROMs, I definitely need to check more out and see what other devs have done to make their version unique. All I know is I can't go back to ICS ever again, Jelly Bean has gotten me too spoiled. I let a few of my friends check out the phone and they said "ok so it's smoother, what else?" but they used it for a few minutes then went back to their phones (D4 owner, Rezound, and even SG3) and all felt their phones weren't as smooth. Project Butter is a definite winner and all my friends are impressed and a bit jealous.

RiceCake2000

Reaction score
My experience has been pretty smooth. I have had a few hiccups but the few from yesterday could be from the trinity kernel not the jellybean ROM itself. I know the kernel is in alpha stage.

Overall this is fantastic. My friend is buying an iPhone and just using my brothers today to type a text seemed to take forever! Its just no where near as smooth as Jellybean!

Riley

Reaction score
I haven't flashed any yet, sorta been waiting out the bugs and tweaks. But I'll be curious and following this thread.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

RiceCake2000

Reaction score
Only gripe I'm having is that my MMS is not working. I'm on Jelly belly 3.8. Think the trinity kernel could be affecting it?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I was running several build of Jelly Belly and am now on Antimyth. They are running great and despite being pretty much stock with just performance enhancements, I am very happy. JB runs great and I am excited to see where else it goes.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I was running several build of Jelly Belly and am now on Antimyth. They are running great and despite being pretty much stock with just performance enhancements, I am very happy. JB runs great and I am excited to see where else it goes.

Where is the best place to find "Antimyth" as far as a ROM thread goes?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Where is the best place to find "Antimyth" as far as a ROM thread goes?

As far as I know the only place to find it is on droidHive, pretty sure DT will only allow it to be posted there.

rjcapp

Reaction score
I'm on jelly belly 3.8 and its running awesome. Knock on wood I have good luck with this ROM. Everything is working and buttery smooth.

Using TWRP, Franco kernel, cobalt theme, t9 dialer, apex pro. Looks and runs great.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Droid Forums

Last edited:

Durandgir

Reaction score
So far my only issue with JB is now when you are texting a lot of people the SMS app will say you are sending too many messages and will ask if you want to send this message or not.