Error 7 on JB Update from ICS Root

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Tech Support' started by Signify, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Signify

Signify New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Error 7 on JB Update from ICS Root {On JB, but lost root with Rootkeeper?}

First, I will qualify with the fact that I do in fact have Voodoo installed with root protected. Now, I have tried downloading secondary zip files and even the OTA update itself. For some reason, the update will simply not take. I get Error 7 even after I have done a full factory reset. Any ideas on how I can get this update to push through? I was under the impression that if I had accidentally deleted bloatware (which I may have), a factory reset would put the crap back.

I hear the system gets a massive overhaul in performance and has far less freezing (thank God). I also ordered the extended battery due to it consuming more battery life (and I'd like a little assurance that I can get completely through a day).

UPDATE: I did get Jellybean onto my droid by XFZ'ding ICS back onto it, rooted it, downloaded Voodoo Rootkeeper OTA and savedroot. After the update, everything works fine except root. I restored from Rootkeeper and thought it says restored and I have Superuser, applications cannot request su permissions. I updated Superuser as well to no avail. Any ideas guys? Am I missing something simple? I thought it would work. :/

I went to Superuser's update console (which is outside of the marketplace), and it fails to gain root. What did I do wrong and is there a way I can fix this? I know going back to ICS is not an option.

#1 Signify, Apr 25, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  2. GoCliffGo05

GoCliffGo05 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +558
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 7
    A factory reset will not replace the bloat you deleted. You'll need to sbf/fxz or whatever its called for the bionic.

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Search tags for this page
bionic error 7 jb
bionic update jb eror step 5

droid x2 error 7

error 7 droid bionic
error 7 when trying to root samsung ga;axy
fix droid update root error
isc to jb error motorola bionic
rds bionic jb eror
root error7
updating bionic to jb error 7