Report your ICS on Razr experience here.

OP
coolbreeze704

coolbreeze704

Reaction score
3 days and working flawlessly. Battery is getting better with each charge cycle. Loving it.

BiGG WiLL

Reaction score
I dont like that the Social Status Widget has been removed. I miss that widget for updating twitter and facebook at the same time. I had to download a third party app (tweet caster) that had a similar widget.

MEEF

Reaction score
Caesars said:
Well if you get a new phone, please share :) hehe

My battery issue has been resolved!!!

When I received my replacement phone I transferred my SD and SIM cards and did the ICS update. My battery life was the exact same. . . As it turns out it was an issue with my SD card. The majority of the battery consumption was "Media" and when I looked into what all was classified under media one thing stuck out "DRM Protected Content Storage".

View attachment 52268

Apparently there was a music file on my SD card that was DRM (Digital rights management) protected. I wasn't sure what file it was so I just deleted all music from the SD card and that was it! I'm not sure where the file came from but I think it was something that I downloaded from Yahoo music years ago. I suspect Yahoo because they are the only music store that I've ever used that has taken their DRM servers offline rendering the files unusable on other computers. I don't know a lot about DRM but I do know that it sucks. It's weird to me that the music file had been on that SD card from my OG Droid since probably 2010 and caused no issue with it or on my RAZR running Gingerbread. It seems like for whatever reason the music file on ICS was trying to obtain authorization from DRM servers that have been offline since 2008. Since deleting the music my battery life has been back to normal. I'll have to give it a few charge cycles to know if it's any better than Gingerbread. So after many phone conversations with Motorola and Verizon trying to troubleshoot the problem and then trying to avoid the CLNR phone I am able to keep my original phone and finally enjoy ICS!

Last edited:

William_04_x

Reaction score
Congrats! Keep us updated. I'd hate to delete all my music, but if it solves the battery issue, it would be worth it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

rev0jace

Reaction score
Ok so I had a lot of issues and I think it has to do with restoring everything from Titanium coming from pre-ICS land.

I got pissed off this morn so I wiped and now started fresh without doing a restore YET, Gtalk is working fine and the phone seems pretty crisp. Lets hope it stays this way.

michelle4439

Reaction score
Since ICS my Yahoo is not working. I have to do a manual push to get my emails. My corporate email is working. I uninstalled yahoo and reinstalled but no luck.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok so I had a lot of issues and I think it has to do with restoring everything from Titanium coming from pre-ICS land.

I got pissed off this morn so I wiped and now started fresh without doing a restore YET, Gtalk is working fine and the phone seems pretty crisp. Lets hope it stays this way.

Yea....especially with something like Ti Backup....you cant just restore everything from a backup going to a new OS or maybe even a small update. I normally did apps only..and data one app at a time just to be sure. And never system or certain things from system. You were restoring GB OS things to ICS.

19psi

Reaction score
everything seems to work ok, but it's a bit laggier, maybe because suddenly there's only about half the available RAM as on GB? How to get some RAM back?

bryann420

Reaction score
help? i cant updatee to ICS

i cant update, i was rooted, i think i took root access away, root checker says i did. i was rooted stock rom on my razr, i used motofail to root. the update came out and i couldnt update so i unrooted, but i still cant update. I tried flashing a rooted ICS rom but it says invalid esignatue. also when i was rooted i changed my boot animation and it never changed back to the original. so idk...anyone have any thoughts on how i can get ICS??

bryann420

Reaction score
everything seems to work ok, but it's a bit laggier, maybe because suddenly there's only about half the available RAM as on GB? How to get some RAM back?
Memory Optimizer always works for me

rjeatkrconley

Reaction score
bryann420 said:
i cant update, i was rooted, i think i took root access away, root checker says i did. i was rooted stock rom on my razr, i used motofail to root. the update came out and i couldnt update so i unrooted, but i still cant update. I tried flashing a rooted ICS rom but it says invalid esignatue. also when i was rooted i changed my boot animation and it never changed back to the original. so idk...anyone have any thoughts on how i can get ICS??

Use matts utility 1.7 and flash back to stock .181 then the ota should work.

MEEF

Reaction score
William_04_x said:
Congrats! Keep us updated. I'd hate to delete all my music, but if it solves the battery issue, it would be worth it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

So far so good! The music is all saved on my PC so it wasn't a big deal to delete the SD card. The replacement phone is packed up and ready to be sent back to Verizon. I'm really happy that I got it figured out before I sent my phone in for repair.

View attachment 52301

sajgel

Reaction score
Its a lot harder to switch from 3G to 4g when you want to do that function. Now you either have to go thru the tester backdoor or download a program called LTE on/off