Replacing the build.prop file

maderschramm

Reaction score
You wont be able to ota with a modified framework. Restore a backup you created before editing those files (might even have the stock build.prop too)
Didn't create a backup? You just learned your lesson. You'll have to flash the original framework back on too or sbf. See a tutorial on backups in my signature

OP
cubsfan187

cubsfan187

Reaction score
No I didn't do a backup before. You are very correct in saying that was my problem. I did learn a valuable lesson as I have done a backup now anytime I change something no matter how small. As far as an sbf I was going to try that but had a problem there too. I got the stock sbf and rsdlite and hooked up the phone in bootloader mode. Rsd didn't recognize my phone and when I selected the file to load, it didn't show in the file properties in the right hand section of the Rsd page. It was like nothing was selected. I stated that in another thread too and a few people had that problem but I never heard if they got it fixed or not.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

maderschramm

Reaction score
Ahhhhh now I see why you don't want to sbf. (Its my favorite :D)
Its not so scary.

Let's go that route now. My sig also has a link to a sbf tutorial. Go in there, start at square 1. Uninstall rsd, follow all my links and instructions and it should be quite painless. If you have troubles, post directly on that forum

OP
cubsfan187

cubsfan187

Reaction score
Ahhhhh now I see why you don't want to sbf. (Its my favorite :D)
Its not so scary.

Let's go that route now. My sig also has a link to a sbf tutorial. Go in there, start at square 1. Uninstall rsd, follow all my links and instructions and it should be quite painless. If you have troubles, post directly on that forum

What will that wipe on the phone? everything correct?

maderschramm

Reaction score
Depends which sbf you use. If you're going to .340 that's a system only sbf so only everything in the /system folder
The .320 is a full sbf so it wipes everything

That said you may need to do a factory reset so back up your apps etc

maderschramm

Reaction score
What are you currently on?
If you're on 2.3.320 then use .340 as you only need to update and it will fix your framework and build.prop

If you're on a build before that id suggest going .320 first then .340

maderschramm

Reaction score
You might be able to go straight to .340.... I wouldn't recommend it though. Im currently on .320 because I don't update unless there's a full .sbf file (not just a /system only) so you could do like me, go .320 to .340, or try to go straight .340 (not recommended)

OP
cubsfan187

cubsfan187

Reaction score
is that all explained in the sbf guide? and the files listed in there as well. I have the full sbf 2.2 from the site in your sig. is that the correct one? I will post in that thread after this reply.

maderschramm

Reaction score
It all depends on the bootloader version you have. Its all explained. Technically, if you have bootloader version 30.03 you could flash the 2.2 file then ota all the way up the ladder

OP
cubsfan187

cubsfan187

Reaction score
ok 30.03 is the loader i've got. So in a quick thought if I flash that then I can do the update and be on the .340 sbf correct?

maderschramm

Reaction score
yeah, that actually might be the best route for you.

follow all the instructions for those on 30.03 bootloader, then when it's done and you're back on stock 2.2 you can receive the ota to 2.3.340