Removing some system apps.

The Physician

Reaction score
Just switched to Sapphire, loving it so far, although the back top of my phone seems to almost be on fire with the 800mhz low voltage kernel.

Anyways, I was wondering what exactly I should type into the terminal to remove the following system apps:

Amazon MP3
Dev Tools (If that's possible to remove)
Email (not GMail)
Speech Recorder
Visual VM

Thank you.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't worry about the heat. It goes away in a day or two. I idle at around 10-15 degrees celsius now and have been running the Rom for weeks.

Though I don't want to tell you the wrong commands, so I will let someone else drop in for that.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
In terminal, type rmapk. It will give you a list of apps you can remove. Otherwise, root explorer in market is a good option (costs money though).

OP
The Physician

The Physician

Reaction score
Thank you greatly, that removed everything I was interesting in getting rid of.

Also, I hope you're right about the heat going down. Can barely keep the phone in my pocket with this rom currently. =P

OP
The Physician

The Physician

Reaction score
Downgraded to the required Clockwork Recovery, then installed through ROM Manager.

straightahead

Reaction score
maybe you should try reflashing the rom through sp recovery someone said clockwork wasnt working with saphire in one of the threads i read somewhere just a thought

Downgraded to the required Clockwork Recovery, then installed through ROM Manager.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
maybe you should try reflashing the rom through sp recovery someone said clockwork wasnt working with saphire in one of the threads i read somewhere just a thought

It does work, as long as you use version 2.0.1.3. That is the only one that is known to work most of the time.

Hexus

Reaction score
Don't worry about the heat. It goes away in a day or two. I idle at around 10-15 degrees celsius now and have been running the Rom for weeks.

Though I don't want to tell you the wrong commands, so I will let someone else drop in for that.

so you're saying that you're constantly in an environment that the ambient temp is lower than 59 degrees F then? The device won't be cooler than the ambient temperature of wherever you are.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

so you're saying that you're constantly in an environment that the ambient temp is lower than 59 degrees F then? The device won't be cooler than the ambient temperature of wherever you are.

My parents keep it between 60-70 degrees F in the house, and even cooler in the car, so yeah.