New to Sapphire

Discussion in 'cvpcs' started by MarkJohn, Aug 6, 2010.

1. MarkJohn

MarkJohn New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Coming over from Chevy's SS 4.6 and i like Sapphire so far even though i haven't had a lot of time getting it how i would like everything or picking a theme yet. But i have a bit of a noob question, i am one of the people that hates the apps like amazon mp3 visual voice mail etc. because i never use them. I see the scripts on the wiki page and i open terminal emulator but i have no idea the ways to remove them. If someone knows and could tell me how that would be awesome.

Thanks.

2. brochaos

brochaos Member

Ratings:
    +0
    in terminal emulator, first type "su" without quotes, you should get a # sign. then just type rmapk. this will list all the different options or apps you can remove. i think amazon is called "mp3" but i could be wrong. if you wanted to remove that one you would type "rmapk mp3" and then hit enter. again no quotes.

3. captdroid

captdroid Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Or you can use Titanium backup uninstall option and kill off any system app you don't want. Be careful :)

4. MarkJohn

MarkJohn New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks tonight ill probably go threw and get ride of some. I have never been a big fan of titanium backup(for some reason) but thanks for the suggestion

5. captdroid

captdroid Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Just Nandroid backup before you start killing off any system apps you don't like using Titanium. :) I generally use Titanium to restore data and settings for particular applications when installing a new ROM.

6. Bateluer

Bateluer Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just nuked several apks with scriptybox. Pretty easy.

Search tags for this page

new android with sapphire