Removing System Apps Question

nEwDrOiD88

Reaction score
Ok im new to the the forum and the droid 2 so first off hi and i apoligize if this is posted in the wrong spot or is already on the forum please direct me where to go if so

that being said I rooted my phone the other day and started to remove some system apps like blockbuster, amazon mp3 etc but read some where last night about removing the apps instead of renaming them will make it so you cant ota update or something with your phone.

I guess my question here is did i **** up? also i have not backed up my phone yet to make matters worse. I know prob should have done some research on this stuff first but o well here i am please help anyway you can thank you

mjs1015

Reaction score
When you spf back to stock 2.3.2 froyo all system apps restore so you'll be alright. If I where you id learn how to spf now before you need it. Would've saved me a bunch of time. Just google spf for droid 2 and follow the directions.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah never mod your phone without knowing how to fix it first! Never uninstall system apps (most people just freeze them using titanium backup). I would make a backup now anyway. And like was already said, learn how to sbf so you don't freak out when something goes wrong.

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

OP
N

nEwDrOiD88

Reaction score
:icon_ banana: nice thanks for the quick reply's will try your suggestions and will def be makin sure i come here first and read up on it before i do anything from now on

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is good. It will save you tons of stress

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz