[ROM] [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.0 Gingerbread - 1-11-2013

BJPalmer85

Reaction score
You know, if your currently running Go Launcher, you can just hit Menu, goto Preferences, and hit Exit GoLauncher. Next time you hit Home, it will ask you which one you want to use as your default again. :-D

tried that. took me right back to go launcher.

B

krazyace38

Reaction score
tried that. took me right back to go launcher.

B

There's an app called home launcher in market or u can do this (clear the default settings in settings/apps/manage apps/launcher/clear data; press home and you should have two options)

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

krazyace38

Reaction score
Ok i did everything you said. it worked great.

only problem is it loaded go launcher on there. is that normal? i didnt know i would be using go launcher. is that what i need to use or is there something else i should use?

a couple more things. i accidentally changed the wallpaper and went to change it back and the default wallpaper was no where to be found. how can i remedy that?

also how do you get the clock like in the images on the first page? is that built in or do i need to download an app?

last but not least : how do i add the add-ons? same process as adding the ROM?

thanks again. you steps made the process pretty painless.

B

Go Launcher is the defalt launcher try adw launcher ex from market as far as wallpaper it should be in your system wallpapers if not do a factory data reset the clock is an app you have to download and yes on addons thats how i did it

BJPalmer85

Reaction score
There's an app called home launcher in market or u can do this (clear the default settings in settings/apps/manage apps/launcher/clear data; press home and you should have two options)

Thanks. Ill give that a try.

you by chance have suggestions? LOL!

Thanks again

B

Warglock

Reaction score
Since SD 4.5 is based on 5.7.894, did this newest update that has yet to be released address the spacebar issue of having to press very hard to get it to work? I know it's a software issue from 5.5 - 5.6 since right before I update I had a few keys that would go runaway, then immediately after I had spacebar issues.

krazyace38

Reaction score
Since SD 4.5 is based on 5.7.894, did this newest update that has yet to be released address the spacebar issue of having to press very hard to get it to work? I know it's a software issue from 5.5 - 5.6 since right before I update I had a few keys that would go runaway, then immediately after I had spacebar issues.

I didn't have that problem with 5.6.890 but this rom with 5.7.894 everything works smoothly and great battery life

GreenSnow

Reaction score
Can some one please post a screenshot of v4.5, I like all that I hear about the new version but alas I am i HUGE visual person, and am wondering how the status bar looks, and the power widget, ect. Looks.

Also how's the bluetooth bug looking, I use it a lot to tether my wifi tablet on the road?

Thanks again everyone for the great Original Rom for D3!

shinobi13

Reaction score
ROM installed without a hitch. Had it for a few days now letting it settle in. I installed speedy V7, running juice defender on aggressive and the battery life to me seems much worse than when I was on Liberty 2.0. Anyone else noticing this? :blink:

krazyace38

Reaction score
4.5 Screenshots

Can some one please post a screenshot of v4.5, I like all that I hear about the new version but alas I am i HUGE visual person, and am wondering how the status bar looks, and the power widget, ect. Looks.

Also how's the bluetooth bug looking, I use it a lot to tether my wifi tablet on the road?

I tried uploading screenshots but was refused by website administrator

Last edited:

krazyace38

Reaction score
4.5 Screenshots

Screenshots of Steel Droid 4.5
I'm usin ADW Launcher EX

View attachment 45543View attachment 45544View attachment 45545View attachment 45546View attachment 45547