[ROM] [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.0 Gingerbread - 1-11-2013

krazyace38

Reaction score
You know, if your currently running Go Launcher, you can just hit Menu, goto Preferences, and hit Exit GoLauncher. Next time you hit Home, it will ask you which one you want to use as your default again. :-D

That's true i forgot about that I use adw launcher ex It has a reset

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

eis0r

Reaction score
ah, didnt know that, thanks! ;)

any ideas regarding my wifi prob?

BJPalmer85

Reaction score
ok. ive rooted my phone and i have v4.5 and the backup assistant on my sd card, ive made a back up with CWM.

is there anything i need to do before flashing the ROM?

i didnt do a factory reset before rooting, should i have done that?

B

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ok. ive rooted my phone and i have v4.5 and the backup assistant on my sd card, ive made a back up with CWM.

B

Are you using safestrap or bootstrap? Either way, as long as you have a backup you should be good to flash. Wipe data/cache after flashing the rom.

lemmony

Reaction score
ok I have newest version up and I can confirm Blue tooth issues. So far I have only had it up for 15 minutes (3rd install for verification purposes) but even with blue tooth recognizer from market still not correctly working. Everything else appears to be tight so far Chevy ;)

eis0r

Reaction score
ah, didnt know that, thanks! ;)

any ideas regarding my wifi prob?

ok, no one able to confirm having problems with wifi?
i dont get any wlan listed when scanning and also scanning is running too short imo, just 2 secs and then it stops.
any special mods on wifi in this rom?

eis0r

Reaction score
i dont get any wlan listed when scanning and also scanning is running too short imo, just 2 secs and then it stops.

finally i got it up and running ... very strange behaviour. never had such problems before and with any other rom.
what about the bluetooth issues? are they serious? i'm considering to switch from Liberty to SteelDroid ;)

lemmony

Reaction score
my wifi appears to be working fine the only issues I have is bleu tooth issues and the yahoo plug ins wont sync correctly for video chat functions.

krazyace38

Reaction score

B
Install safestrap open it and choose install recovery and then follow these instructions.
Steps to make a backup in non-safe mode and safe mode are the same, but they CAN NOT be restored interchangeably.

1. Reboot the phone (manually or via an app; ATM reboot to recovery is NOT supported.) 2. At splash screen press menu key. You are now in CWR. 3. Select backup and restore. 4. Select backup. 5. Should take about 1-3 minutes here. This backup is contained on your SDcard-ext (the physical card, unless you don't have one; I need verification that it works without an SD. 6. Done.

You'll notice in a file explorer, that the backups are separated in /sdcard-ext/safestrap/backup/non-safe-xxx-xxx and (once you make one) /sdcard-ext/safestrap/backup/safe-xxx-xxx as they cannot be flashed interchangeably.

To flash a ROM: 1. Make sure the ROM .zip file is on your SDcard 2. Reboot and access recovery as above. 3. Select Safe System 4. Turn on Safe System (this should take a few minutes as it is copying the userdata to an unused partition) 5. Power off and reboot into recovery (have not verified this is acutally necessary) 6. Select mounts and storage 7. Format /system 8. Back to main menu 9. Install zip (your ROM) from SDcard 10. wipe data (in main menu) 11. wipe cache (in main menu) 12. Reboot (should take a good while to boot, up to 5 minutes)

To restore your stock system: 1. Reboot into recovery. 2. select Safe System 3. Turn off Safe System 4. Reboot (again may not be necessary) 5. Backup and Restore 6. Select restore and the file to restore 7. Reboot

Last edited:

BJPalmer85

Reaction score
Install safestrap open it and choose install recovery and then follow these instructions.
Steps to make a backup in non-safe mode and safe mode are the same, but they CAN NOT be restored interchangeably.

1. Reboot the phone (manually or via an app; ATM reboot to recovery is NOT supported.) 2. At splash screen press menu key. You are now in CWR. 3. Select backup and restore. 4. Select backup. 5. Should take about 1-3 minutes here. This backup is contained on your SDcard-ext (the physical card, unless you don't have one; I need verification that it works without an SD. 6. Done.

You'll notice in a file explorer, that the backups are separated in /sdcard-ext/safestrap/backup/non-safe-xxx-xxx and (once you make one) /sdcard-ext/safestrap/backup/safe-xxx-xxx as they cannot be flashed interchangeably.

To flash a ROM: 1. Make sure the ROM .zip file is on your SDcard 2. Reboot and access recovery as above. 3. Select Safe System 4. Turn on Safe System (this should take a few minutes as it is copying the userdata to an unused partition) 5. Power off and reboot into recovery (have not verified this is acutally necessary) 6. Select mounts and storage 7. Format /system 8. Back to main menu 9. Install zip (your ROM) from SDcard 10. wipe data (in main menu) 11. wipe cache (in main menu) 12. Reboot (should take a good while to boot, up to 5 minutes)

To restore your stock system: 1. Reboot into recovery. 2. select Safe System 3. Turn off Safe System 4. Reboot (again may not be necessary) 5. Backup and Restore 6. Select restore and the file to restore 7. Reboot

Thanks a lot. made that really simple for me.

B

BJPalmer85

Reaction score

Ok i did everything you said. it worked great.

only problem is it loaded go launcher on there. is that normal? i didnt know i would be using go launcher. is that what i need to use or is there something else i should use?

a couple more things. i accidentally changed the wallpaper and went to change it back and the default wallpaper was no where to be found. how can i remedy that?

also how do you get the clock like in the images on the first page? is that built in or do i need to download an app?

last but not least : how do i add the add-ons? same process as adding the ROM?

thanks again. you steps made the process pretty painless.

B