Received this lie from VZW support

OP
F

fishmstr

Reaction score
this nonsense of helplessness about the update is ridiculous. take control of your lives and stop blaming a phone rep who is just doing their job. i am also sick of hearing that "it will void my warranty".

my answer to these complaints- there is plenty of help here no newbies for flashing and it takes about 15 min. after you flash, if you have a problem with your phone, flash it back to stock and return it! or just buy an iphone and join the iherd. they will take whatever is shoved their way so maybe it's a better option for you.

android id for rooting, end of story!

You don't get it do you? It's not about rooting or not rooting yada yada yada. It's about holding VZW to proper customer support, they may say they work for VZW but in reality WE pay their paychecks. I will not sit by and be treated like crap by a company without letting my thoughts be known to them.

i get it, there is a brand new iphone waiting for you at att, enjoy!

WTH is your problem?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Second and last time a Mod is coming in here before this thread is closed - Keep it Respectful

forstir9

Reaction score
you don't need to price anything to me. Most of the crying about the update stopped when the leak was released but I knew people would still find a reason to whine even after they got what they wanted. By the way Verizon never promised any updates so I know there isn't any proof. If someone believes everything a salesperson tells them than I expect they have worst problems than not getting a update.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

smokie11

Reaction score
I ask you please keep it clean in the forums

My apologies, While I don't feel that what you edited was obscene as it was written, you have every right to make a change. It was never my intent to offend anyone.

I perfectly understand the meaning of NDA, that's why I have far more respect for an answer to be short and honest ie: " I am not permitted to answer your question " ...end of story.:)

Tschecter

Reaction score
Actually... I think selling accessories marketed as "will work fully with 2.2 coming soon" qualifies as promising updates. Falling about the docks on this, btw. Now, it doesn't braintree a time frame, but honestly, we have been waiting an awful long time now...

jimmerz

Reaction score
Ha, waiting long enough to dump my fascinate and get the htc thunderbolt...lol

I love 1yr contracts!

Smartypants

Reaction score
The V rep at BJ's where I picked up this Fascinate in October claims he also is royally peeved at Big Red for their 2.2 tease since he owns the same phone and has heard no news on any date.

AllForNaught

Reaction score
Look: it's not like Verizon or Samsung are purposely trying to alienate customers. There's no explicit reason for them to do so. It's only logical to assume there is some technical hold up, either regarding 2.2 compatibility with the phone itself, or functionality with Verizon's service.

2.2 WAS leaked. It exists. It doesn't take anymore time or resources from Samsung other than testing at this phase, so obviously they're having issues. Could be bugs, workarounds for the Fascinate user interface (all droid devices are different), or hardware issues.

Either way, My bet is that when they DO release it, it'll be a cleaner install than if they had released it sooner.
I've messed with enough other droid phones to know that the Fascinate UI is slicker than the rest, and when froyo does come, it's gonna be great.

Sent from my Fascinate using the Droid Forums app.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
this nonsense of helplessness about the update is ridiculous. take control of your lives and stop blaming a phone rep who is just doing their job. i am also sick of hearing that "it will void my warranty".

my answer to these complaints- there is plenty of help here no newbies for flashing and it takes about 15 min. after you flash, if you have a problem with your phone, flash it back to stock and return it! or just buy an iphone and join the iherd. they will take whatever is shoved their way so maybe it's a better option for you.

android id for rooting, end of story!

+10 !

Ooh, you told her off, she'll never spread lies again, just hold to her NDA to keep her job.

want the OTA, flash and grab.

millwood

Reaction score
This whole situation is a double edged sword for Verizon and Samsung. Either they release it late and everyone is peeved about being the last to get it, or they release it too early and they have nothing but problems with the software being buggy. I owned an LG Touch for about a year and a half. Over that time they pushed 7 updates to my phone and just about every one of them was buggy. The final straw was when they pushed an update that rendered my phone useless. It was stuck in constant reboot. Thousands had this problem and they pulled the update within hours.

So I am willing to wait as long as it takes rather than having a half-hearted attempt to please the masses. I too want to see what this phone is capable of. You have choices if you are too excited to try Froyo, you can root and give it a shot. I did and it is wonderful. If and when they release the true update you can always go back to stock and get the update. No harm no foul.

smokie11

Reaction score
People are upset with good reason, I will try to be very clear: it is not about when it will be released, it is about all the lame robotic responses, non responses that both Samsung and Verizon have allowed their NDA minions to insult their customers with.

Let me present you with 2 examples of an official company statement that most customers can respect:

1. We will not be releasing an OS update to Android 2.2 on the Fascinate.
....and we all move on.

2. We are currently working on the Android 2.2 update for the Fascinate, and we will not release it until we are satisfied that we have the most efficient, troublefree build possible.
...and we shut-up and wait.

Is this very hard to understand?:)

MKKH10

Reaction score
Lol not at all hard to understand. I have actually been told by a Rep what you stated in number 2.

MKKH10

Reaction score
Along those lines..

smokie11

Reaction score
Lol not at all hard to understand. I have actually been told by a Rep what you stated in number 2.

Yes, reps have said a lot since last September, mostly worthless and contradictory. I meant an official company announcement on either company's website in the Fascinate section that both Samsung and Verizon have. WOW, what a concept. :)