attention fascinate owners: froyo for fascinate on facebook

Fascinate user

Reaction score
Well, I'm sure they are aware, there has been enough people by now that has gotten that message across. You can see it hasn't changed anything now, so all I've been trying to say is it seems as though all we would be doing is wasting our time and breath. If I publicly called people out about promises, iou's and etc. then I would be doing it everyday, sometimes things just get old.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

DaleV

Reaction score
Hell yes I'm in. I did a completely honest review on Samsung's site and got an e mail back from them saying they can't use it. Guess they don't like being told them and Verizon are letting us down with support. so lets get to bashin, lumps all around for the non existent support, who's got the bat???

Last edited:

tfotos

Reaction score
I'm in. I've already visited the facebook site. Genius idea btw. I like it.

M

Mwsr

I joined as well but not sure how much good it will do. Maybe if it had a few hundred thousand followers

can + string on 2.1

Sneakysolidbake

Reaction score
Give up. Mesmerize source was released yesterday. It will be extremely useful for custom kernels/roms. Froyo for fascinate is said to be coming early april by samsung themselves.

tfotos

Reaction score
I got a twitter from a CSR of Samsung yesterday. It assured me that 2.2 was coming for the Fascinate. They don't have an ETA but I'm sure it's going to be soon. In the meantime there is always this place and XDA.

ireash

Reaction score
So I'm still down for the cause but I rooted and have froyo. All I can say is F SAMSUNG AND VERIZON! This phone flat out flies and is so much more responsive! Gps locks in seconds for me instead of 10 minutes. Emails are there before you can get back to the mailbox, even when attaching a picture. This took up to 3 hours prior to root. Nota to mention mobile hot spot....no stupid bloatware, flash works great!

I now love this phone. I don't Care if it ever gets updated again because everything works so good on my phone now. This is all I ever wanted . Samsung and verizon.....go take some customer service classes.....sheeeeeesh!

Sneakysolidbake

Reaction score
Right? That whole facebook page is silly to me. Samsung is never going to release an update that works better than the custom roms we have.

Reaction score
Tfotos. Let's see the Tweet. I would like to know who sent it and what they said.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using DroidForums App

tfotos

Reaction score
Tfotos. Let's see the Tweet. I would like to know who sent it and what they said.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using DroidForums App

Let me find instructions as to how to copy and paste a tweet here and I most certainly will sir. I apologize for not being super tech savvy. I'm old with three kids and a wife. They suck the life out of me :blink:;)

tfotos

Reaction score
GalaxySsupport

@tfotos77 Hi Tom, thanks for reaching out! The Fascinate will be receiving 2.2, we're just not informed of an ETA yet. ^Sabrina

That was just copied and pasted. But yeah, that is what was said. Ive already rooted and am running SC 2.9.2. I'm satisfied. The only way I am going back to stock is if the battery life is better with the OTA/VZW update to 2.2.

Reaction score
tfotos, thanks for sharing. seems like the stance has not changed.

this was Nov:

We're not informed of an ETA for the Fascinate yet. We'll tweet the moment we have more info. ^Sabrina

tfotos

Reaction score
Haha. I've said it in other posts and I'll say it here. I'm glad that I rooted and flashed. My phone is awesome now!

Sent from my rooted Fascinate running SC 2.9.2 and Tapatalk.

Njn92

Reaction score
It's on its way. Apparently verizon is testing it now.

How long has that been said gingerbread will be out soon we'll. Still be on froyo I'm pissed

Sneakysolidbake

Reaction score
How long has that been said gingerbread will be out soon we'll. Still be on froyo I'm pissed

Gingerbread has not been announced for this phone and it will probably never come officially. Punk.kaos on xda is working on a CM7 (gingerbread) port and should have most of the features working in a month or two.