Received this lie from VZW support

TBV

Reaction score
"Nobody is asking Verizon nor Samsung for the "meaning of life" ok?, just are you working on the damn thing YES or NO. If the so called customer tech support employees job is to NON DISCLOSE information, then just simply fire them all and when a customer calls and wants an answer just play a recorded message that states: WE DO NOT DISCLOSE INFORMATION , NOR WILL WE ANSWER YOUR QUESTION..."

You would then complain about only getting recorded messages and never getting to talk with a real person...some people are just never satisfied. TBV

smokie11

Reaction score
You would then complain about only getting recorded messages and never getting to talk with a real person...some people are just never satisfied. TBV

One single honest answer is all I require. I can't speak about what others may need to be satisfied. Both Verizon and Samsung could have handled this better.

TBV

Reaction score
I feel you...been waiting for the update since late last year, have gotten different responses from the Samsung rep in January (I work for VZW) and a beta tester for VZW who gave us a brief intro to our 4G launch back in December.

As far as those of us who interact with customers @ VZW (sales reps, customer service) we can only go off of the info in our intranet as to release times and/or info as to where the process may be, and I must state from experience, the 'where the process may be info' is NEVER in our internal data base.

As was stated by one of the posters above, the company is very strict when it comes to giving that type of info out so as to not create expectations that can not be met, and that also means that we who talk with the customers are literally the last ones to know.

You are right though, a simple message of 'it's being worked on but meeting technical difficulties' would definitely be a step in the right direction. TBV

huskur

Reaction score
we here on the "android forums" represent <5% of android platform cell phone users. We are the ones that are interested in the advancement of the android OS. That being said, Samsung, Moto, HTC, LG ect..... doesn't really feel the need to pacify only this few users. NO ONE can change the timeline of receiving an update from the Manufacturers/Verizon. Just be patient. Either you will get it or you won't.

My opinion is that Samsung is likely the smallest of all and does not have the background support that the "big guys" have. IE Moto, HTC