Recall of the Revolution

MaryMG

Reaction score
Stopped into my local Verizon to exchange a car charger. When I asked about the Revolution (didn't see any in the store) they told me it was recalled because of issues with 4G going in and out. They offered new phones to replace it, but ONLY if you complained. Shouldn't they have advised that there was a recall, just like they do with your car??? Verizon tells me now it's too late for the free replacement....is that fair that I have to have a defective phone? Anyone else have the same issue? Any comments or suggestions.
Thanks
Mary

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard of a recall. They were not pulled they just reached end of life cycle. Plus they didn't sell well.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
No recall but they did not sell well at all. I bought my charge at that time and considered the revolution but the display looked horrible and it was very laggy. When, I asked the Rep if it was normal for the phone, he said he thought they would have a difficult time giving the phone away because it just didn't compare to the others. I really don't think there were many problems with that phone because before buying any phone, I always go through all the forums to see what ppl are reporting and there were no negative reports (which is why I was considering it).

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
M

MaryMG

Reaction score
Verizon told me they were recalled - but only if you complained. Why would he say that - he even said they would offer a replacement phone because of the poor quality - but I would have had to have known about it....that just doesn't make sense. UUGGGGHHHH:mad:

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You'll find VZW reps hardly ever make sense. Go talk to another one and you'll get a different story. It didn't sell well. If you're having trouble with yours then you could probably get a.different one if you complained enough.

R

RETG

Stopped into my local Verizon to exchange a car charger. When I asked about the Revolution (didn't see any in the store) they told me it was recalled because of issues with 4G going in and out. They offered new phones to replace it, but ONLY if you complained. Shouldn't they have advised that there was a recall, just like they do with your car??? Verizon tells me now it's too late for the free replacement....is that fair that I have to have a defective phone? Anyone else have the same issue? Any comments or suggestions.
Thanks
Mary

Normally, a car is recalled due to Federal safety or Federal/State emissions requlations; thus they have to notifiy you. (In some rare cases, a manufacture will do a courtesy recall for customer satisfaction.)
Don't believe dropping 4G would be considered a safety problem and it certainly is not an emmissions problem.