LG Revolution wifi and mobile data

Rob737

Reaction score
I have the LG Revolution and I noticed some strange behavior. The mobile data icon stays on when I connect to Wifi and it even stays on when I manually turn off data through the Settings menu. If I use a tool like Dataswitch the icon goes away, but I never had to do that with any of my other phones.

The other issue with wifi that I'm having is that if I set the Wifi sleep policy to turn off after 15 mins of inactivity it can't reconnect after it turns itself off. So when I start using the phone again it just keeps trying to obtain the IP address of the network without ever succeeding. I've tried this on multiple networks. I have to turn off wifi and then turn it back on.

Are you guys seeing the same issues with your LG Revolution? These issues aren't big but they're starting to make me question the quality of the LG Revolution and I may exchange it for the Charge.

Big Cam

Reaction score
The 3G/4GLTE icon stays there, but it isn't being used, unless something requires Verizon's network such as a text or MMS.

N4UPD

Reaction score
My LG Revo 3g/1x icon dissapears and I lose data connection for a while .Is anyone else having this issue and if so have you remedied it?

Big Cam

Reaction score
My LG Revo 3g/1x icon dissapears and I lose data connection for a while .Is anyone else having this issue and if so have you remedied it?

Are you saying you loose 3G/1X when you connect to Wi-Fi?

Phaetos

Reaction score
I have the LG Revolution and I noticed some strange behavior. The mobile data icon stays on when I connect to Wifi and it even stays on when I manually turn off data through the Settings menu. If I use a tool like Dataswitch the icon goes away, but I never had to do that with any of my other phones.

The other issue with wifi that I'm having is that if I set the Wifi sleep policy to turn off after 15 mins of inactivity it can't reconnect after it turns itself off. So when I start using the phone again it just keeps trying to obtain the IP address of the network without ever succeeding. I've tried this on multiple networks. I have to turn off wifi and then turn it back on.

Are you guys seeing the same issues with your LG Revolution? These issues aren't big but they're starting to make me question the quality of the LG Revolution and I may exchange it for the Charge.

I just got my Revo last weekend. I have been all over the Wifi settings and can't seem to find a sleep policy for it. Where is it found?

Edit: Nevermind I found the option.