Reboot Times Cut In Half With Android O

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
android-o-boot-time-jpg.77493

Android O will be bringing some performance enhancements to Android. One major improvement which may not be all that important to most is the fact that Android O will cut reboot times in half. If you make many mods to your phone then you reboot your phone often. This will save you plenty of time. This also helps for those times when you have to reboot after an update.

Along with faster reboot times Google says that application performance will also be improved with Android O. According to Google apps will function twice as fast. The technology behind these enhancements was not revealed. Hopefully the app performance enhancements will be across the board and not only in specific situations.

via XDA

Attachments

• android-o-boot-time.jpg
    android-o-boot-time.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 4,294

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I only reboot once a month or so for security updates to install. I know others that reboot daily though due to dead batteries.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Sounds like a good plan to me. I only reboot about once a week, just for the heck of it. But even little improvements in boot up time are still improvements.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
So, out of curiosity I rebooted. It took 55 seconds to reboot on my 6P running O Beta most recent build (ends with 19)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
For some reason this gives me mixed feelings. Being the owner of a Nexus 6, who knows is there will ever be O support for my device. Yet, I reboot all the time to increase general performance.

oO

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I'm still pretty blown away at how quickly my G5 boots, so this would be insanely cool.

I really hope Google improves on the time it takes "Optimizing app 1 of x..." after an upgrade.

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Update:

Phone booted up today in 30 seconds from off, that was pretty impressive.

Unfortunately, it does still shut down sometines at @ 15%.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk