1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Android 3.1 Update For Xoom Announced Today at Google I/O!!!

Discussion in 'Android News' started by Preach2k, May 10, 2011.

1. Preach2k

Preach2k DF News Team Premium Member

Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    Android 3.1 Update For Xoom Announced Today at Google I/O!!!

[​IMG]

For those who have a Verizon Motorola Xoom you will be happy to know you will be getting an update starting today... Android 3.1 was just announced at Google I/O and Verizon Xoom owners will be getting the update pushed out later today to their devices. The changes that are coming with this release are:USB host, enhanced task switcher, re-sizable widgets and a brand new multitasking engine to help reduce crashes and produce more fluid transitions between applications.
  2. bigjonmoo73

bigjonmoo73 New Member

What about for the wi-fi model?
  3. RemyL75

RemyL75 Member

Heard over @ XDA and Xoom Forums that the update contains a bootloader. I hope this isn't true, but I will hold off on updating my Xoom until I hear more.
  4. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach New Member

I haven't been keeping up with this. Do SD cards work on the Xoom yet? Does this new release fix it?
  5. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

SD works but the fix didn't come from Motorola, it came from the hacking community - and the 3.1 update will break that hack