Motorola Officially Released Details for Android 3.1 for Xoom

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Motorola-XOOM-31update.jpg

Today Motorola officially announced Android 3.1 for the Xoom that we heard about at Google I/O yesterday. They released the following details of the update:
  • Support for the new Android Market movie rentals service with thousands of titles available for immediate viewing on the Motorola XOOM’s high-resolution display or on a larger screen via HDMI
  • Full support for the final release of Adobe® Flash® Player 10.2, delivering significant performance enhancements when viewing rich Flash content on the web
  • Resizable widgets to enable further customization of home screens
  • Support for USB-connected peripherals and accessories, such as keyboards, mice, game controllers and digital cameras
  • Expanded Bluetooth features to support Bluetooth headsets in Google Talk™ video chats and Bluetooth mouse support in addition to additional shortcut keys with the Bluetooth keyboard
  • Picture Transfer Protocol Feature support to enable easier transfer of photo files to your PC without the need for drivers
Motorola indicated that the rollout of this update will occur throughout the week for the Verizon version first, and the WiFi only and other variants will receive it in the next few weeks.

Source: AndroidTablets.net via AndroidCentral

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Ahem. Hey Motorola...

*** Whistles and points to SD card slot ***

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
Guess we'll all have to patient.. Hope the Devs can work it so we can stay rooted but still update

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
Thanks for the guide... I'm on a Wifi Xoom tho, thought I heard HRJ37 was for 3G Xooms

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the guide... I'm on a Wifi Xoom tho, thought I heard HRJ37 was for 3G Xooms

oh ok, my bad - I don't know much about the Xoom system

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
It's all good no worries.. I appreciate the help, I'll be checking back there to see if he posts a wifi version as well