Android O Update Coming To The Google Pixel Next Week!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
google-android-o-developer-preview-features-jpg.77762

This month is slated to be a pretty big month for Android. We are looking forward to the release of both the LG V30 the Galaxy Note 8 as well as the Nokia 8. It looks like Google will be adding to the fun with the release of Android 8.0 O for the original Pixel and Pixel XL.

According to sources Google is planning a spectacle event for the unveiling of the Android 8.0 name which will go beyond the traditional statue unveiling. This could mean we are getting a recognized brand name (ie Oreo). Evan Blass tweeted that the release of the new version of Android to the Pixel and Pixel XL will be during the week of August 21st and will likely be on August 21st.

When the update drops for the Pixel and Pixel XL it should also be available for the Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P. The new Pixel devices won't be announced until later in the fall likely Septemeber and October.

via BGR

Attachments

• google-android-o-developer-preview-features.jpg
    google-android-o-developer-preview-features.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 2,702

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I wonder when the note 8 and lg 30 will get it when they are released. the past few years, I dont know about the lg but the note series released with the older android, then it will the first or second quarter of the next year before it updates.

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wonder when the note 8 and lg 30 will get it when they are released. the past few years, I dont know about the lg but the note series released with the older android, then it will the first or second quarter of the next year before it updates.

I don't think there's any question that they'll come with Nougat out of the box. Besides the android forums would get pretty boring without the "I can't believe that Flagship phone XXX doesn't have "O" yet..." posts. :p