RAZR woes = No Bionic ota soon?

marleyinoc

Reaction score
It will be less funny when he comes back to explain it. Trust me. Been there... :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
I think these phones being released really are the soak tests and then no one is patient enough to wait for the updates.

nateohio

Reaction score
I hope you intended to be funny because I laughed like hell. ;)

looking at your stats, it seems as though you've been around a while! Have you ever participated in Soak tests? I have with 3 different phones on 5 different updates and these things do follow a normal timeline.

Now, like Shadez said, due to NDA we can't confirm or deny that emails were sent out asking for volunteers to participate in the soak test about a week ago and that the normal timeline is typically 1-2 weeks for the first soak test OTAs to start hitting the airwaves. Stop being so cynical :)

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
looking at your stats, it seems as though you've been around a while! Have you ever participated in Soak tests? I have with 3 different phones on 5 different updates and these things do follow a normal timeline.

Now, like Shadez said, due to NDA we can't confirm or deny that emails were sent out asking for volunteers to participate in the soak test about a week ago and that the normal timeline is typically 1-2 weeks for the first soak test OTAs to start hitting the airwaves. Stop being so cynical :)

I even explained myself and you still don't get it...I'm not being cynical, or even talking about the update or soak test...It's his choice of words that imply zero timeframe, "any day now" has the identical meaning of "some say", or "in the future", or "before July 27th, 2187". Like...no kidding.

Also drop the government aficionado persona, who are you? Robert Gibbs? "we can't confirm or deny...", get out of here. What, are some black unmarked vehicles going to roll up minutes after you leak super secret information about a silly update, hogtie you and whisk you away to Area 51 for interrogation before having a spot of tea and crumpets? I think your high horse has pony legs, my friend.

I could care less about dates, but teasing about insider knowledge is irrelevant with such an ambiguous comment, it's better to say nothing at all than continue to incite and fuel speculation based off of comments that are amphibological at best, because this same sort of activity is what causes disappointment and hatred toward manufactures who don't deliver when people who think they're an insider delivers false information to the masses, who wait, and wait, and wait...only to be disappointed by people who dropped the ball thinking they knew better than they do.

I get insider information all the time, and I don't go around spewing it like a loose firehouse because chances are it's crap, and their is so much of it on this forum delivered by people who think it's true it's insane because people take it as literal truth and spread it like wild fire.

Happens here every day...every hour...every minute.

L

leroybrute

Maybe you should have signed up for the soak test! I have been on 3 moto soaks and they dont mess around. If you own a bionic and are signed up with feedback network which anyone could have done has more than inside info. By the way its kind of to late to sign up this time around.:p How does one eat their own words on forums?

OP
bluezdawg

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Maybe you should have signed up for the soak test! I have been on 3 moto soaks and they dont mess around. If you own a bionic and are signed up with feedback network which anyone could have done has more than inside info. By the way its kind of to late to sign up this time around.:p How does one eat their own words on forums?

I did sign up for the soak test on the Motorola Support Forum a few weeks ago. Filled out the survey, agreed to confidentiality. user name there is BigRick. Also volunteered through the Motorola tech support line having had an open support ticket open with them. Having worked in systems integration and test in my ealier years, would have appreciated the opportunity. Never heard back.

As Shadez suggested, I will enjoy Thanksgiving and wait. But, as the OP I still go back to my original premise till proven otherwise ... I believe now that the RAZR is experiencing some of them same challenges, it will become the priority for Motorola.

haupman

Reaction score
What's funny about this is there already is a leaked OTA from Motorola that DOES update these issues.

OP
bluezdawg

bluezdawg

Reaction score
What's funny about this is there already is a leaked OTA from Motorola that DOES update these issues.

Not real sure about that... Lot's of speculation that 5.8.894 is the "soak test" code, but not sure anyone has validated that with certainty .

Reaction score
The ota will launch mid December from what moto is telling Verizon. I had enough of my bionic and vzw sent me a Droid Razr.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

rghurtle

Reaction score
Since the 893 update here, my Bionic has been flawless. Love it!

OP
bluezdawg

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Since the 893 update here, my Bionic has been flawless. Love it!

Really been tempted, but am a little concerned about the whole root/ota maybe not working thing. Right now, I am finding a good 20 year old Single Malt is helping with the patience thing :happy3: