RAZR woes = No Bionic ota soon?

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Been watching the RAZR activity on this and the Motorola support forum (nothing better to do while waiting).

One has to wonder, given some similar challenges with the RAZR and the fact that it is now Motorola's flag-ship product, will all hands be focused on that now at the cost of fixing the Bionic issues? My second question would be, might they just bag it for both the RAZR and Bionic, till ICS shows up in 2012 and hope it plays well? Food for thought. Besides, networks drops, reboots, power-offs, apps disappearing are old news!
:crazy:

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
reports are the Bionic OTA is on the way. According to several blogs along with reports in this very forum Moto reached out to some Bionic users and invited them to be part of a "soak test" of the forthcoming update which should commence quite shortly.

the RAZR is in no way impacting development on the Bionic.

OP
bluezdawg

bluezdawg

Reaction score
reports are the Bionic OTA is on the way. According to several blogs along with reports in this very forum Moto reached out to some Bionic users and invited them to be part of a "soak test" of the forthcoming update which should commence quite shortly.

the RAZR is in no way impacting development on the Bionic.

Hope you're right Wheels... sure some of the firmware engineers work on the same chips across products (4g LTE, wireless..), they can't be in two places at once trying to resolve similar problems... Or maybe they are trying to fix the Bionic problems in hopes that the code will fix RAZR issues. Naaaah... just saying.

Btw, like the sig... gotta love Rush

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
you're forgetting option #3... there are multiple teams of devs at Moto... some working on Bionic, some working on RAZR... some working on the next device down the pike.
to think theres only 1 team of engineers working on all devices is extremely short sighted IMO.

OP
bluezdawg

bluezdawg

Reaction score
you're forgetting option #3... there are multiple teams of devs at Moto... some working on Bionic, some working on RAZR... some working on the next device down the pike.
to think theres only 1 team of engineers working on all devices is extremely short sighted IMO.

Don't disagree that there are different development teams working on different products, but it's not unusual at all having single teams of engineers for common components (even some outsourcing of common components). Been working in hi-tech for 30+ years (Product, S/W, firmware design)... worked for a fortune 100 company, don't think it is as short sighted as you may think :)

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Been watching the RAZR activity on this and the Motorola support forum (nothing better to do while waiting).

One has to wonder, given some similar challenges with the RAZR and the fact that it is now Motorola's flag-ship product, will all hands be focused on that now at the cost of fixing the Bionic issues? My second question would be, might they just bag it for both the RAZR and Bionic, till ICS shows up in 2012 and hope it plays well? Food for thought. Besides, networks drops, reboots, power-offs, apps disappearing are old news!
:crazy:

They're the same phones, aren't they? :p

LakauAkatoma

Reaction score
They're the same phones, aren't they? :p

This is what I was thinking, The phones are almost identical (software wise) and to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if the Razr gets a quicker OTA on that fact alone... considering they are already working on the Bionic OTA and the phones are not much different, but the Bionic will of course gets theirs first. (hopefully)

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Well, due to the NDA that's all I'm gonna say :)

...lol, think this one went over your head, sorry. Any day now could be...any day. A week, a month, a millenia...

Any day now, the world is going to end. It's true, I'm a prophet.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
...lol, think this one went over your head, sorry. Any day now could be...any day. A week, a month, a millenia...

Any day now, the world is going to end. It's true, I'm a prophet.

I think ya missed the part in that where I said "NOW".... :)

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Now that was a post of beauty, keep that up and you could be a comedian any day now. ;)