Razr Maxx Battery-Do I Need to Calibrate the Battery Tracker

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
46c080e5-df7e-f60b.jpg

You'll see above Green for a good part of the 2:23 it was awake. You will see some blank spots. Those were during flashing sessions, so the meter doesn't operate while flashing. There are some Yellow sections, and some not so Yellow sections, but the bulk is Green.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
How would I go 3g only? System setting>Mobile Networks>Network Mode>LTE/CDMA Only?

Download and install https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.andirc.lteonfoff&feature=search_result.

When you tap it, it will take you to a menu where it describes how to change from 4G to 3G. Then you'll hit "Open" and scroll down to the "Set preferred network type:" setting (last "line" of text which is actually a drop-down - right before the buttons). You will set to "CDMA auto (PRL)" for 3G only. To revert back to 4G/3G, change to "CDMA +LTE/EvDo auto".

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Though here it seems that I did not lose a signal for long:
View attachment 53193View attachment 53194

Could it be the phone switching from 4G to 3G and vice versa be doing it?

It isn't so much that you didn't have a signal (lost signal), but that you had a very weak one, which causes the phone to increase its transmitter's power output to the maximum in order to maintain connection with towers. Just the fact that you had time without a signal points to a weak area to begin with.

See mine below...

46c080e5-0ee7-d749.jpg

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
FoxKat, how come mine doesn't show time without signal? Is that a feature of .215 and not .211?

View attachment 53207

Man, I just love being able to take a screen shot!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
FoxKat, how come mine doesn't show time without signal? Is that a feature of .215 and not .211?

View attachment 53207

Man, I just love being able to take a screen shot!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

Very well may be.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jpeezus

Reaction score
If your 4G signal is spotty and switches back and forth that will annihilate your battery unfortunately. I would suggest using something like Switchit to switch to 3G when your 4G is spotty. I would also strongly recommend to turn off Google Location services and Motorola Location services. If you set up any location based Smart Action Rules it uses Motorola Location services and both Google Location Services and Motorola Location services will kill battery life. I only keep Google Search Location services enabled because it only polls my location when i do a google search so that it can rend relevant data to my location. I also set my display screen around 35-40% because the screen is the biggest killer because it takes alot of energy to heat up white background websites (almost all websites). Also Make sure your email are set to PUSH and not to Fetch on interval because that saves Battery. To Fetch email on schedule requires everything to fire up and connect as opposed to push your phone listens on a port for the email server. Then the big ones that dead battery are social media, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc. If you use multiple Social media apps only enable notifications from the important ones if possible. Also i was told to let your battery fully die up to 3 dies and charge. I am a Moderate to Heavy user and i can get through 2 full days on 4G with1 charge depending on what i do. If you do those things you will be fine. I think the key is understanding that Web browsing is the heaviest killer of Battery life because heating the Amoled screen takes alot of power on ANY Amoled phone.

Oh yeah i am on the Razr Maxx now not the Thunderbolt. Gotta update my profile. The battery life on the Thunderbolt was Atrocious!!! Razr Maxx Battery life is Awesome!!!

Last edited:
OP
S

slaskwroclaw18

Reaction score
Well my battery life is a little better after switching to CDMA only but I am not getting too much green in mobile network signal. If I only do some light texting from a full charge with one or two FB checks I was able to last 12 hours before hitting 70%. But once I.get heavy on Facebook, Twitter, and browser I can probably eat through 10% in a half hour-hour. Would doing a another factory reset be worth it? I already did one when I first upgraded ICS but maybe I should do it again? Or is the fact I have a weak 3G network doing it?

sniperf250

Reaction score
Honestly that could be a possibility i mean i have a regular razr and i do tend to get a little bit better battery life with a full signal because my phone is not having to fight so hard to find signal i hope this helps

Sent from my DROID RAZR in blue! using Droid Forums

jpeezus

Reaction score
Anytime you have a weak signal your phone is going to burn through battery life. That is a proven fact and that is one of the reasons 4G burns battery life unless you are in a strong area. Even when i had my Thunderbolt if i was in Downtown San Francisco i could breeze through a 8-9hr work day with at least 30% left but with light to usage. Normally the Thunderbolt would beg for a charge after at least 6-7 hrs. having said that signal is definitely a lot but one thing people don't consider is web browsing usage. The razor maxx gets up to 8.25 hrs web usage on 4G out of the box and that is not including how many email accounts you have or apps that regularly synch where other Androids get 4.5hrs to 5.5 hrs. every usage time is different. GPS, Web Browsing talk time. When they say 21hrs of talk time it doesn't mean 21hrs usage overall. those things you have to take into consideration also. But signal and display are the biggest battery life killers. When i am on 4G in a bad to decent location even when doing nothing i lose battery life but when i toggle to 3G if the signal is strong i barely lose any.

OP
S

slaskwroclaw18

Reaction score
So with Juice Defender, some smart actions to restrict data when the phone is dark or when I am using my home Wi-Fi, I will just let the screenshot speak for itself:

View attachment 54266

dancedroid