RAZR MAXX and FROYO

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
The programmers etc. are typically young with 20/20 sight and hence they design for that demographic. I hated the smaller bar, it leaves more real estate for the screen with 98% of the people cry about. But I refuse to buy a "cricket smart phone".

aliens don't use razr's, they use obsidian.

I've got it! We must all demand Google pays for our corrective eye surgeries if they insist on making us view their tiny status bar font sizes! We must all have 20/0.1 vision! Get on it, Google! Do it now!

/sarcasm

(Note: Not even sure if there can be such a thing as 20/0.1 vision. I made that up :biggrin: )

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Google would be hard pressed to get me back to 20/15x2. But I'll take their money to try.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
If you want an exercise in futility buy a crosswinds watch by Hamilton. You will crash your plane before you can set all the functions to get you back on course.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I've got it! We must all demand Google pays for our corrective eye surgeries if they insist on making us view their tiny status bar font sizes! We must all have 20/0.1 vision! Get on it, Google! Do it now!

/sarcasm

(Note: Not even sure if there can be such a thing as 20/0.1 vision. I made that up :biggrin: )

With 20/0.1 you would have vision like a spy satellite. Of course, your eyeball would have to be as big as a spy satellite as well. You could just see your friendly neighborhood optometrist and get some reading glasses too. I agree, the font is too small and it would be nice to be able to increase the font size.

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
With 20/0.1 you would have vision like a spy satellite. Of course, your eyeball would have to be as big as a spy satellite as well. You could just see your friendly neighborhood optometrist and get some reading glasses too. I agree, the font is too small and it would be nice to be able to increase the font size.
Like I said, there might be a way if I read it correctly, but it's a very arduous task. I've also just read something about autohiding the status bar as well, but again, it's not just a simple Google Play Store app to install, it involves some file edits and changes. If it were my own Windows PC, I'd attempt it on a VirtualBox, but not on my MAXX.

I really hope someone can come up with a solution. Ahh my eyes!

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
I just looked at an app called SuperStatus Bar. You can change the font type and color, but not size. That is zero help. There's also a Premium version of it but I didn't bother buying. There was nothing explicit about increasing font size of the time or the size of the icons.

Edit: However, I have seen at least one (ugly) theme with a different font size. Maybe it was just a different font which happened to appear bigger. Here.

OP
G

GTinsdale

Reaction score
I just looked at an app called SuperStatus Bar. You can change the font type and color, but not size. That is zero help. There's also a Premium version of it but I didn't bother buying. There was nothing explicit about increasing font size of the time or the size of the icons.

Edit: However, I have seen at least one (ugly) theme with a different font size. Maybe it was just a different font which happened to appear bigger. Here.

Thanks, Josh. I checked out SuperStatus Bar and found that it caused more grief than it solved. I bought the the Premium version and used it for the allotted 15 minutes I had to buy-and-try before returning it for a refund, and also found it to be unsatisfactory. It looks like we're stuck with the native status bar until someone at Google decides to listen to suggestions. Thanks again!

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
Thanks, Josh. I checked out SuperStatus Bar and found that it caused more grief than it solved. I bought the the Premium version and used it for the allotted 15 minutes I had to buy-and-try before returning it for a refund, and also found it to be unsatisfactory. It looks like we're stuck with the native status bar until someone at Google decides to listen to suggestions. Thanks again!
Thanks for taking one for the team there, that is, buying it and returning it. Yes, this is a huge annoyance.