Zagg maxx

Caesars

Reaction score
Does anyone know if I remove the otterbox defender screen protector if I can put a zagg on safely? I'm sure I could squeeze it together, I Just don't want to knick the maxx casing in the progress.

DROID RAZR MAXX

SEColwell

Reaction score
Yes you can .....I did the same thing but when you take the otterbox screen protector off make sure you clean ALL the glue off the case before putting it back on.....I used goo gone to clean the glue then washed it with dawn dish detergent and let it air dry for a bit before putting back together

Mr.Colwell's Razr Maxx®™

OP
Caesars

Caesars

Reaction score
Yes you can .....I did the same thing but when you take the otterbox screen protector off make sure you clean ALL the glue off the case before putting it back on.....I used goo gone to clean the glue then washed it with dawn dish detergent and let it air dry for a bit before putting back together

Mr.Colwell's Razr Maxx®™

Cool thanks mate, just out of curiosity, what happens if I don't get it all off?

DROID RAZR MAXX

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm contemplating a zagg for my maxx. How does it feel compared to the standard Verizon screen protector???
Also I plan to leave my protector from my otter box defender on over it.

sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It doesn't feel like cheap plastic....it has a more glassy rubber feel and its much easier to keep clean

Mr.Colwell's Razr Maxx®™

Kewl, hows the install process?? And does it cover the complete screen or is there a little bit of it uncovered like the vzw protector?

Will it work well with my defenders cover over it?

SEColwell

Reaction score
Install is simple just read all the directions before starting and if your still not sure watch a video on you tube...with the otterbox it covers all the screen...tried to use my wife's bionic to take a picture but can't see it will try again and upload it

Mr.Colwell's Razr Maxx®™

jimmysif88

Reaction score
Sorry to kinda sidetrack your thread but.
I have had the defender on for a week and the screen protection is already scratching good.
is that Why you are doing this or did i do something?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I have had the defender on for a week and the screen protection is already scratching good.

No, but that's a good idea. I wax the top of my defender cover, so its slicker than normal... keeps the scratches down to a minimum. I didn't think it would work, but it appears to.

I just don't like the vzw screen protectors

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Its hard to see but at the top you can see the cut outs for the camera and lights

Mr.Colwell's Razr Maxx®™

Your running a defender with the protector pushed out.... that's obviously what jimmysiff88 meant. No I plan to keep my protector in my defender and run the zagg as well for a backup. You notice that big cutout at the top of the defender, So you can hear the speaker in calls?? Sand can get in there... I've seen a few cases of that happening and I want to keep it from happening to me.

So in your opinion it will work well as a second line of defense? I think it would.

Thanx for the advice!

Last edited:
OP
Caesars

Caesars

Reaction score

That's half the reason, the other half is that the defenders sp makes it look pixelated.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Removed. My brain started to function. Cary on!

Last edited:
OP
Caesars

Caesars

Reaction score
I went ahead and took out the defender sp and out on the zagg, it was well worth the change.