razr maxx jellybean leak

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Oops.....one last thing.....
Foxkatting the battery meter means:

At any point turn the phone off
Charge to 100% with phone off (about 4-5 hours).
Turn the phone back on again and use it normally until it reaches "low battery warning" (about 10%).
Turn the phone off again and charge again to 100% (another 4-5 hours).
Do this every 3 to 4 months.
This calibrates the battery to the meter. (100% ends up REALLY being 100%, 46% is really 46%....you get the picture).

Let us know how the whole dang shebang works out!

Oh geezzzzz.....one last edit.....welcome to the forum! :)

Super1

Reaction score
Ok, thanks! I'll definitely try this out. Appreciate the help!

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Super1 said:
Ok, thanks! I'll definitely try this out. Appreciate the help!

Anytime, just please remember to keep us posted and be patient with us on responses to questions.....other than FoxKat we all have day jobs and don't live on the forum ;)

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Thank you Bruben for your help in this! :) :)

As bruben mentioned, start with the 1.82 utility. Extract that download onto your pc. Make sure your phone is set to usb debugging and connect your phone via usb using media connection (not mass storage). Start with 100% battery. Follow the instructions.

In order to install the .215 leak you can not be rooted... so you will first need to use option #1 on the 1.82 utility to return to stock.

Once your phone is back to stock, you can install the .215 leak.

After you install the .215 leak, do a factory data reset.

Next, you can go back to the 1.82 utility and starting with option #2, you can root your phone.

Read, read, read and take your time...proceed slowly! Let us know how it goes and feel free to ask any questions.

williemac84

Reaction score
I want to try the .215 leak but is this just for the maxx or for regular razr too? |which is what i have| I dont have a computer but i can download the file and move it to my sd card. So will it still work?

beyedup

Reaction score
is your Maxx rooted? if so, try doing a battery recalibration using one of the apps on the market. I noticed better battery life after a proper recalibration. Hope this helps.

Rhino94

Reaction score
beyedup said:
is your Maxx rooted? if so, try doing a battery recalibration using one of the apps on the market. I noticed better battery life after a proper recalibration. Hope this helps.

What app?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
You don't need an app to do a battery meter calibration. Follow these steps to fix your battery meter reading...

Battery meter training:
*with phone powered off, charge it to 100% (you can check the % of charge by pressing the volume button).
*When it reaches 100%, turn phone on, unplug, use your phone without charging it until it gets to the low battery warning (10-15% charge).
*Turn phone off and charge it while off until it reaches 100% again.
*Turn phone on and use it and charge it as you normally would.

Also, check to make sure it is not on global data. Go to settings --->more... (under data usage) ---> mobile networks ---> network mode ---> select LTE/CDMA.

And, in Smart Actions, enable battery extender. It will turn off Wi-Fi, data, and sync when your screen is off and automatically turn it all back on when you unlock your screen (Wi-Fi, data and sync use a lot of battery...no reason to have it running when you are not using your phone).

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
And after posting the previous, I notice the steps to doing this has already been posted more than once in this thread.