Zagg maxx

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I went ahead and took out the defender sp and out on the zagg, it was well worth the change.

My only concern is the wet application.

sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

jimmysif88

Reaction score
I did the same.
Not a big fan of the defender,when i did the screen protection switch(1st removal of all three layers of protection) there was dirt all over.

Think my wifes commuter is better,thou it does not see the conditions i see. Too late now

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I did the same.
Not a big fan of the defender,when i did the screen protection switch(1st removal of all three layers of protection) there was dirt all over.

Think my wifes commuter is better,thou it does not see the conditions i see. Too late now

Just my opinion and I have no experience with it but zagg makes the shield for the entire phone, you could put one on under the defender to protect against that.... if it works well that is.

RazrMaxxOwner

Reaction score
I just got the Zagg shield for the Maxx; I have previously had the full device ones, but they currently only have a screen version for the maxx, not a full device version. Not sure if there will be one in the future.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I just got the Zagg shield for the Maxx; I have previously had the full device ones, but they currently only have a screen version for the maxx, not a full device version. Not sure if there will be one in the future.

That's good to know. So now the wet application.... is this an issue? I'm not new to screen protectors, just zagg. Tips? Already youtube'd it

OP
Caesars

Caesars

Reaction score
The guy at the store kept trying to get me to buy the installation with backing lol. But being that this guy is never coming back out of the defender I Had to decline lol.

DROID RAZR MAXX

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The guy at the store kept trying to get me to buy the installation with backing lol. But being that this guy is never coming back out of the defender I Had to decline lol.

DROID RAZR MAXX

The best buy down here doesn't even sell them. All they have is cut to fit. I guess its because of the area. They have lots of Ios product protectors that never sell. People down here don't have contract plans, they use T-Mobile and cricket. I guess they they like having phones that don't do half of what they're supposed to.

So i ordered my zagg from Amazon

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It feels rubbery. Not a deal breaker. I installed it, the biggest pita is that the camera hole and mic hole weren't cut out that well. I used a small x-acto knife to cut them out, before installing it obviously.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So I got my new otterbox defender and when I put it on over the zagg, the only way I can describe it is that it looked like it was wet, and was sticking to the otterbox defenders sp. So I removed the zagg for now. I don't feel comfortable removing the defenders protector. I may try another brand.

However the Zagg is about excellent screen protector. No doubt about that.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

OP
Caesars

Caesars

Reaction score
I bought mine from a zagg agent in the local mall (Akron Ohio), it was cheaper with installation than best buy was for purchase lol. I'm 100% positive I could do it just as well as them but I'd need a few tries and don't want to keep sending them back for replacements lol. It doesn't look that hard but w/o practice I'd never squeegee the water out - even with the the water repellent. I think the whole thing was less than 20 bucks which was ok by me. So now I have the defender, with the sp pulled out, and the zagg on. I decided against the full phone cover zagg pack (5bucks more for the back) because it's never coming out of my defender, and if it does the screen is my main concern, not a few Knicks on the sides.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I bought mine from a zagg agent in the local mall (Akron Ohio), it was cheaper with installation than best buy was for purchase lol. I'm 100% positive I could do it just as well as them but I'd need a few tries and don't want to keep sending them back for replacements lol. It doesn't look that hard but w/o practice I'd never squeegee the water out - even with the the water repellent. I think the whole thing was less than 20 bucks which was ok by me. So now I have the defender, with the sp pulled out, and the zagg on. I decided against the full phone cover zagg pack (5bucks more for the back) because it's never coming out of my defender, and if it does the screen is my main concern, not a few Knicks on the sides.

You don't have the defender sp on though do you??? If so, how? It looks wet and stuck to mine.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

OP
Caesars

Caesars

Reaction score
No I don't have the defender screen protector in anymore, I hated the way it made the screen
Ook pixelated. It's just the zagg on now and is awesome! The defender is pretty thin for what it is (obviously) and I love the zagg, it's my personal favorite type of sp.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
No I don't have the defender screen protector in anymore, I hated the way it made the screen
Ook pixelated. It's just the zagg on now and is awesome! The defender is pretty thin for what it is (obviously) and I love the zagg, it's my personal favorite type of sp.

I'm gonna try tinted protectors, just for fun.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

OP
Caesars

Caesars

Reaction score
Yeah on my epic I had gone though a ton of screen protectors many of which were the privacy filters, they were actually pretty awesome lol.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yeah on my epic I had gone though a ton of screen protectors many of which were the privacy filters, they were actually pretty awesome lol.

Kewl. I'll get some and check em out. They even have mirrored protectors

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!