RAZR been on fire...

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Is the low battery saver the only smart action you have enabled??

If so... you should really consider disabling it... and enable battery extender.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Why disable the low battery saver? The reason I ask is because I also have it enabled. That and battery extender and night time saver (which is ridiculous because I don't really have a night time).

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm suggesting disabling the low battery saver, and enabling the battery extender, this will shut down the data sync more often. Meaning less CPU time, and cooler temps.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Is there any problems with having both on or it is not even necessary if you have battery extender on?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Judging by the screen shots provided.. he's in a poor coverage area.. marginal at best. So his phone is always trying to communicate with the towers, probably bouncing back n forth from 4g to 3g, his battery life looks OK.. but I see bump charges getting him to that time.. but I also see a lot of screen on time.

What u am suggesting will save CPU cycles, battery, charging, heat, and his nerves :)

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Is there any problems with having both on or it is not even necessary if you have battery extender on?

Having both is great. . If he has both.. then my theory is blown out of the water.. but I'm thinking he's only using the low battery saver :)

I use both tis :) I have it set to kill my phone at 15%.

But during normal usage I have it shut of my background and mobile data at screen off. :)

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Ok, this is what I have... Battery extender and low battery saver. I just deleted night time because it does the same exact thing as battery extender. I manually do background sync and data but I include those in both my SA's just in case I forget. I have not had one incident of phone getting too hot or draining like mad since doing SA. It is sort of my safety measure if I forget to turn things off. Do you think there is anything else I should add or Russ could add to help his situation?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Oops, I think you already answered my question.

Where does all this spam come from anyway?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Ok, this is what I have... Battery extender and low battery saver. I just deleted night time because it does the same exact thing as battery extender. I manually do background sync and data but I include those in both my SA's just in case I forget. I have not had one incident of phone getting too hot or draining like mad since doing SA. It is sort of my safety measure if I forget to turn things off. Do you think there is anything else I should add or Russ could add to help his situation?

Sounds like you've got it covered tis :) :p

But it didn't look like his device was doing that. If I'm wrong.. I apologize :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Lmao ^^^_

OP
jaye712

jaye712

Reaction score
TisMyDroid said:
It's possible and I hope so (only in hopes that you got this thing figured out). There is nothing unusual that I see in you battery chart. Your OS looks normal. Everything else looks on target. The one thing I noticed was both wifi and 4g were on. That could cause it to heat up also. I keep my data off when I'm on wifi. And when I'm not on wifi, I only turn my data on if I need it... only because there have been times that I left data on and not realized that I was in a bad area for connecting to data and my phone got so hot trying desperately to connect to something that did not exist.

Keep us updated on your progress.

With wifi on n 4g on..its possible..hell,it might be...the reason why i got both on is because i do alot of wrk off the clock,email etc..what iam sayin is..befour when i was only on wifi,i could easily send emails/textes without data on with no problems..(fyi i even went to Verizon(frm previous visit lastyr frm that issue n they said its not possible to do that.."but it wrked for me,hw can u explain that..etc)n when iam on wifi alone these days,iam unable too.seems like i cant send nothing out without my data bein on..the thing that sucks,iam on a data plan with only 4gb a month so i gotta watch it.anyway..imma go head n turn off data when i dont need it.hopefully this will fix the problem..n btw..iam not a "he"..Lol

DROIDRAZR215"unrooted"

OP
jaye712

jaye712

Reaction score
TisMyDroid said:

Imma do this..thanks for ur input

DROIDRAZR215"unrooted"

OP
jaye712

jaye712

Reaction score
94lt1 said:
I'm suggesting disabling the low battery saver, and enabling the battery extender, this will shut down the data sync more often. Meaning less CPU time, and cooler temps.

I actually got low,sleep n battery extender on..LOL.Ill take ur advice n tismydroids

DROIDRAZR215"unrooted"

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
With wifi on n 4g on..its possible..hell,it might be...the reason why i got both on is because i do alot of wrk off the clock,email etc..what iam sayin is..befour when i was only on wifi,i could easily send emails/textes without data on with no problems..(fyi i even went to Verizon(frm previous visit lastyr frm that issue n they said its not possible to do that.."but it wrked for me,hw can u explain that..etc)n when iam on wifi alone these days,iam unable too.seems like i cant send nothing out without my data bein on..the thing that sucks,iam on a data plan with only 4gb a month so i gotta watch it.anyway..imma go head n turn off data when i dont need it.hopefully this will fix the problem..n btw..iam not a "he"..Lol

DROIDRAZR215"unrooted"

LMAO I think everyone's profile should have male or female so we know who is who and what is what :p