WIFI issues?

jaye712

Reaction score
After for so long havin this phone,iam havin a lil bit of issue with the wifi connection all of sudden..i do the push/pin..yadda yadda,but all it does is say "connecting"& Auth..back n forth..i FORGET the netwrk,re do..but nothing..the router has full bars but on the phone,it says poor..iam sitin right by it..is there a setting somewhere where i can clear/delete stuff at for this issue?i thought about takin all the wires off the router n modem(i know how this stuff works,10 secs n plug in agian)..but befour i do..anybody got some ideas why it all of a sudden dont know the saved netwrk?

OP
jaye712

jaye712

Reaction score
It even saves but not tryin to connect..it goes frm" that,connecting n auth back to back..

ForumRunner_20120822_044849.png

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Are you having issues with anything else wifi in your house? First I'd try to see if there is a firmware update for your router and maybe reboot the router too. If it is a dual band router AND if the Razr is a dual band phone make sure that it is broadcasting in the band that you can pick up. The Rezound is a dual band phone. I have a choice of 2.4 or 5 or automatic. I keep mine in auto. The reason I say that is because for some reason one morning nothing in my house would connect to the router via wifi except for my phone. When I checked the signal with Wifi Analyizer I found that the 2.4 band stopped broadcasting and I was running off of 5. My phone is the only dual band device in the house. I rebooted the router and it's been fine ever since. You might want to try downloading Wifi Analyizer. It will help you troubleshoot the signal.

SallyC

Reaction score
Assuming you haven't changed something on your router (like added MAC filtering) and/or this is only on one network, here's what I would try. If one doesn't work, move on.
  1. Log in to admin your router and check for software updates.
  2. On your phone, forget the network. Simulate a battery pull by using Power and Vol down until it reboots. Then try and log back in.
  3. If you have the option of logging in as another user (i.e., guest instead of admin) try that.
  4. Turn off your phone. Unplug your router for a couple minutes. After you plug it back in, wait a minute then turn back on your phone.

OP
jaye712

jaye712

Reaction score
Ok so i tryed everything n still didnt wrk..butt the only thing i didnt try was login as admin @the ip address..i dnt have a laptop at this time so maybe it might be the problem..i even cleared at reboot..thinkin a fdr but i seriously dont wanna re download everything n then it dont wrk..but it might be my only option..btw,my phone is the only d.core..besides using the ipod n ps3(those wrk fine but the phone dont)this is gonna be a mission

OP
jaye712

jaye712

Reaction score
Would changing the channel help or it wouldnt?

ForumRunner_20120822_191351.png

OP
jaye712

jaye712

Reaction score
Omg..i just changed the channel from 1 to 6 in it wrks agian..thank goodness.thanks ya'll for the help tho..btw,i downloaded that wifi app,can u tell me how its sapose to wrk?iam a bit lost,guess there's alot to learn still lol

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
jaye712 said:
Omg..i just changed the channel from 1 to 6 in it wrks agian..thank goodness.thanks ya'll for the help tho..btw,i downloaded that wifi app,can u tell me how its sapose to wrk?iam a bit lost,guess there's alot to learn still lol

That's great news. Sometimes it's the simple fixes! The wifi app you downloaded lets you see signal strength and what channels you are on compared to the channels others around you are using. That way you can pick a channel with less congestion. It has a built in help that you can read.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

OP
jaye712

jaye712

Reaction score
LoudRam said:
That's great news. Sometimes it's the simple fixes! The wifi app you downloaded lets you see signal strength and what channels you are on compared to the channels others around you are using. That way you can pick a channel with less congestion. It has a built in help that you can read.

Awesome..thanks for the info

SallyC

Reaction score

I'm glad you're back in business but honestly I don't know why changing your ad-hoc or peer to peer channel would affect your connection to your wireless router. That has to do with connecting to other devices on your network, not the network itself.

Oh well, C'est la vie!

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
SallyC said:
I'm glad you're back in business but honestly I don't know why changing your ad-hoc or peer to peer channel would affect your connection to your wireless router. That has to do with connecting to other devices on your network, not the network itself.

Oh well, C'est la vie!

A while back I had an issue where I couldn't get my wife's laptop to connect to our router. It was seeing the signal and it was a strong signal. I couldn't figure it out and neither could my computer guy. I ended up changing channels and all of a sudden it works. My computer guy was dumbfounded and a little embarrased too. When your dealing with electronics and wireless signals, I guess sometimes the rule book goes out the window.

SallyC

Reaction score
Interesting. Worth filing away for when I'm ready to click my heels three times and say "There's no place like home" or something equally as desperate. :)

OP
jaye712

jaye712

Reaction score
SallyC said:

Oh well, C'est la vie!

To be honest,i have no idea why it didn't wrk anymore,maybe an update had to be done..but it wrks agian for now,i cant do anything about it till i get my laptop fixed haha..gotta watch my data plan lol..thanks tho sally

OP
jaye712

jaye712

Reaction score
Ok.so iam havin the same issue agian.changed channels but nothing.. yikes

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Reboot the router.. reboot your device.. you're having 4g issues too u said..