**anyone with razr/wifi knowledge

jaye712

Reaction score
So i been havin this problem for weeks but not getin any solutions.i even made a thread but not so much attention lol..everything wrks fine in the house,Xbox/ps3/ipod...but my razr doesn't..i even tested it on another smartphone(lg lucid),its havin the same problem as my razr..i cleared cache twice,restarted fresh, wifi came alive agian,but...only for a few days..then it started agian....all it does is blink"connecting/auth/saved passwrd..then does nothing.i unpluged the router/modem,turned off my phone,forgot the netwrk..etc,..no luck what so ever..whats goin on here?for weeks its on n off..the last few days,i had to turn my phone off n on for wifi to wrk,but this last 2 days,it don't wanna connect at all..iam losin hope lol..if only i had unlimited data plan i wouldn't be so worryed lol

RAZR215unrooted

jaybogg

Reaction score
Sorry to hear the problems you are experiencing. I remember the previous post, but quite frankly, you have listed everything I would have suggested!:angry: Hopefully, someone with network/router knowledge will post this time around. It sounds like you modulated the problem, although temporarily, with clearing the cache twice. I would try this again and see if you get the same results. That bit of info might help someone more knowledgeable than me!! I am sure sooner or later it will be resolved, hopefully sooner as I would also hate to eat through all my data allowance with a unusable wi-fi sitting right next to me. Good luck!!

tygerchylde

Reaction score
If your router is an older model, say 5-6 years old, you may need a newer one. My old Linksys router would connect to my Xbox, but not my computer. I could get the computer to connect every now and then, but it was not stable. It usually involved having to unplug and replug the router and reset my my wireless adapter. I ended up replacing it and have not had a problem since. I don't know if that will help you, but it may be worth a try.

OP
jaye712

jaye712

Reaction score
Thanks ya"ll..nuh uh,i had this router for 2yrs only,its the cheapest one so it might be the problem..imma definitely try that whenever i get a hold of a new one but fir now,iam gonna go head n do another reboot etc,clearin cache agian n see hw long it stays on..when i did this the first time,i forgot the netwrk..i restarted everything from scratch, but get this..my wifi connected n i nvr even set up the thing yet..i honestly dnt know whats goin on here but iam desperate to fix this..its been pretty irritating..to the maxx..ill be keepin this topic on lock n hopefully someone out there will have some answers or some new things i should try.ill try anything at this point.the router for now,i will have that on my last to do list.i dnt plan to buy anymore cheap ones.i wanna try to fix this befour i throw any money out..

RAZR215unrooted

helron

Reaction score
Happens with my Netgear WNDR3400. Not an old router! I travel, and notice this often happens. Not a lover of the Razr Wifi.
I remember clearing the cache prior to ICS, but forgot process. Any help is appreciated.

OP
jaye712

jaye712

Reaction score
helron said:
Happens with my Netgear WNDR3400. Not an old router! I travel, and notice this often happens. Not a lover of the Razr Wifi.
I remember clearing the cache prior to ICS, but forgot process. Any help is appreciated.

I cleared the cache many times but only fixes temporary but now it doesn't [email protected] been wifi"less for the last couple days,gotta watch my data for now until i find the problem. Its if i even do:/

RAZR215unrooted

OP
jaye712

jaye712

Reaction score
Jst an update,now the ipod doesn't wrk either..ps3/xbox wrks fine when wired in,anything wireless will not wrk.

RAZR215unrooted

YellowJacket

Reaction score
What type of security settings do you have on your router. I use WPA2-PSK and all works great for me.

You also need to be careful when typing in your security key and make sure every letter, number and character is typed in correctly and case correct.

Finally, I read somewhere in the past that not all routers support symbols in their security key. If you can, go back into the wireless security settings on the router and change the key to numbers and letters. You WILL need to update all of your wireless clients with the new security key too.

David

OP
jaye712

jaye712

Reaction score
YellowJacket said:
What type of security settings do you have on your router. I use WPA2-PSK and all works great for me.

You also need to be careful when typing in your security key and make sure every letter, number and character is typed in correctly and case correct.

Finally, I read somewhere in the past that not all routers support symbols in their security key. If you can, go back into the wireless security settings on the router and change the key to numbers and letters. You WILL need to update all of your wireless clients with the new security key too.

David

I know hw the security key works...its odd hw its been wrkin for so long n all of a sudden it stoped..i cant get by a laptop @the moment but ill definitely try it n update..

View attachment 56052

RAZR215unrooted

OP
jaye712

jaye712

Reaction score
YellowJacket said:

David

OP
jaye712

jaye712

Reaction score
Just a final update to anyone who has these issues ..i realized it has nothing to do with the phone.so i would recommend doin what "yellowjacket" said..doin an update for ur router if u do have a p.c.unlike me,i dnt,so i got a new one so everything is bck to normal..thanks to everybody for the help..

RAZR215unrooted