Random rebooting and/or shutting down

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by eversonsc, Nov 11, 2009.

1. squee147

squee147 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Been having this issue and my question is is this hardware or software or more specifically could this issue be fixed in an ota update?

2. SoftwareForMe.com

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Squee147,

Having been around this and many other blocks, most people have returned their phones and found nervana with their replacement. However, many people have also done a factory reset and found that the problem goes away.

So, it sounds like at least some (if not all) of the reboot issues are software/state related.

Have you tried the factory reset yet?

SoftwareForMe.com
    Makers of PhoneMyPC
    & Imagine Multi-Touch

3. mbmarsh

mbmarsh Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I returned the phone, and got a new one (only took an hour of waiting in the Verizon store :( ). Got it reset up. Damn if today, it didn't start rebooting again! So I've done the factory reset, I only have Google Voice installed for an app. Guess I have to see what happens next.....this is miserable - I can't play with it like I want to.

Is there any app to install that will tell me why it rebooted? I can't even tell how many times its rebooted, since sometimes its just sitting on my desk when it reboots itself, so unless I'm looking at it, I don't have any way to know....

4. SoftwareForMe.com

Ratings:
    +0
    @mbmarsh,

That's a bummer!

Don't settle for a wonky phone. Nobody wants you to have a sub-optimal experience with your Droid, not Verizon, nor Motorola. I know it's frustrating, but if you can't get it stable, return it again.

SoftwareForMe.com
    Makers of PhoneMyPC
    & Imagine Multi-touch

5. vzwmandroid

vzwmandroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    IM ALREADY ON MY 4TH DROID WITH IN THE 30DAY PERIOD:mad:

6. meh8036

meh8036 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    wow... So i'm not alone in this... mine has been rebooting itself about 20 times a day for about a week now. At first i thought it was my home alternative program because i was getting force closes with it too... so i uninstalled it and still reboots... I'm gonna try the factory reset. If that doesn't work i'm taking it back. Was gonna wait for the OTA but i don't know how much more i can take... I love the phone but I hope this isn't gonna be an ongoing problem :icon_evil:

7. vzwmandroid

vzwmandroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    no your not alone, the first droid i got on nov.6th asoon as i walked out the vzwstore it cycled got home and it kept rebooting randomly droid #2 lost all reception did a hard reset still no reception did the *228 couldnt even make the call hardware issue droid#3 that "alt" key on the right hand side of the keyboard piled of the third day hardware issue now im on my fourth droid got it this past monday and it frozed on me yesterday at my dentist appointment:mad:
    im starting to think that my local vzwstore just got a shipment of lemon droids

8. StretchinAZ

StretchinAZ New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was having the same rebooting and shut down issues. After phone number three i decided to see if it was an issue that may be on my end. After trying several different things i finally got it to stop. What seemed to be causing the issue was something related to my contacts. I went into Gmail and completely deleted all my contacts and backed up my phone contacts to a .csv file. Did a hard factory reset using the x button on power up. Loaded contacts from the sd card and did not sync with the the facebook app. After that i haven't had a single reboot and it's been two days now. :icon_ banana:

9. Baconstrip

Baconstrip Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got my phone on the first day, and I spent most of the day playing with it. Unfortunately it randomly rebooted quite a few times during this, and I figured it might have had something to do with all the apps I was installing. My roommate had also gotten a droid at the same time, and he had none of the reboot problems that I was having.

I took it back the next day, and my replacement hasnt rebooted since!

If you are having major reboot problems, I'd get it replaced.

10. bradgsanford

bradgsanford Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I, too, lived with reboots for about a week and took it back and got a new one that hasn't rebooted on me a single time. If it's rebooting, you definitely need to take it back.

11. Loyrl

Loyrl Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mine has rebooted twice (I have had it for almost 2 weeks) that I have noticed, is there an event log or anything I could look at? (Doubtful)

12. wjmg1960

wjmg1960 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i just did today. i went to check why i hadn't received any e-mail notifications and when i looked, the phone had completely shut down. tried to turn it back on and would not come back on. took out the battery and it finally came back on. not sure if i should bring it back or not.

Search tags for this page
android random reset

droid dna random shutdown

frequentt shutdow n of android phones
nexus 7 random reboots and shuts down in sleep mode
phone reboots shuts down
random rebooting nokia 928