Pro rebooting after shutdown

badcat

Reaction score
Hello all,

Ever since the GB update I've noticed that occasionally when I shut down my phone it will restart itself in 3 to 5 minutes. The other night I shut the phone down and left it on the island in my kitchen only to hear the notification sound a few minutes later. The phone had turned itself back on!!! This has happened a few times but there doesn't seem to be any predictability to it. It seems random. Any one else seeing this?

Thanks

ahava

Reaction score
Droid Pro reboot problem

Say, I have the same problem w/ my Verizon Droid Pro but it happens 90% of the time and it started after GB update. Bad news because my office is not Verizon-compatible, it goes into roaming, and at end of day I have no more battery left. I just put it in "airplane mode" all day to prevent roaming. Did anyone respond to this issue, yet?

Hello all,

Ever since the GB update I've noticed that occasionally when I shut down my phone it will restart itself in 3 to 5 minutes. The other night I shut the phone down and left it on the island in my kitchen only to hear the notification sound a few minutes later. The phone had turned itself back on!!! This has happened a few times but there doesn't seem to be any predictability to it. It seems random. Any one else seeing this?

Thanks

Astaroth

Reaction score
Just happened to me for the first time today. At least the first time I've noticed, anyway, I usually shut down in order to reboot anyway, but last night I was shutting it down to save on battery and noticed it start up again by itself a couple of minutes later.

OP
badcat

badcat

Reaction score
Well it looks like another GB bug. I couldn't figure out what I might have been doing wrong since shutting down the phone isn't all that difficult! :p I see it about two or three times out of 10. I normally shut the phone down overnight while it's on the charger. I know it never did this prior to GB. Doing a hard reset has fixed most of the other GB weirdness. Still have the keyboard backlight thing though.

dtwalters

Reaction score
Same here.....occasionally turns itself back on after I turn it off since the gingerbread upgrade. I also have the keyboard light problem, but that was happening before gingerbread. A factory reset after the gingerbread upgrade fixed most of the other quirks.

Asbury Juke

Reaction score
I have the same issue since GB update, however, it only seems to happen when I power the phone down while the charger is plugged in.

OP
badcat

badcat

Reaction score
Mine has done it both on and off the charger. Just plain weird... :blink: :biggrin:

SAVVY_1

Reaction score
I haven't experienced that with mine. Just thought I'd let you know.

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

Astaroth

Reaction score
Have to say that this happened to me even after flashing to CM7 (not connected to charger). Looks like this is a broader issue.

txkay

Reaction score
Droid keeps turning itself back on.

Hello all,

Thanks

Yes, My Droid is spooky. It keeps turning itself back on from 3-6 minutes or so after I have shut it off. The weird "DROOOIID" voice is becoming a real sore point. This is unacceptable technology and it seems common.

OP
badcat

badcat

Reaction score
My pro seems to have stopped the spontaneous rebooting but I have no idea why! :blink: