1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Wi-Fi stopped working - Droid Pro

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Pro' started by Myric, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Myric

Myric New Member

Hi! Had my Droid Pro for a couple months now, and just about an hour ago I was listening to a song on it and the phone shut down, turned back on, shut down again, and when it came back on the Wi-Fi wouldn't work. When I got to the Wi-Fi menu it says "ERROR" and won't let me click to turn it on. I've shut down and restarted the phone several times. Everything else is working, but the Wi-Fi is not. Any thoughts?

Myric

dancedroid
  2. guidot

guidot Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Sounds like some kind of driver issue. Are you rooted?

I would save everything you have/need and try a factory reset.

I'd wait for a few more opinions, but I have a feeling thats going to be the first step.
  3. Myric

Myric New Member

Not rooted.

How do I save my programs, and how do I do a factory reset? And I'll wait for a few more opinions, as well.

Thanks!
  4. Prairie Smoke

Prairie Smoke New Member

Try an app called File Expert. It is an explorer, wifi file access and will back up your apps.
  5. DroidToro

DroidToro New Member

Lots of people recommend titanium backup. I got the paid version. It has worked well for me in restoring apps, and even reverting to a previous version, but i have never used it for full system restore

Sent from my DROID PRO
  6. Myric

Myric New Member

So I got file expert. Now what do I do to restore my system? Ideally, I'd still rather see if there's another fix out there for my Wi-Fi - the toggle is still cycling trying to turn it on, and I can't get it to stop doing that.

This is irritating because the reason I got the Droid Pro was that I spent so much time on this forum trying to fix my Droid 1 for all the problems it ran into. If this keeps up I might just go back to a dumb phone.
  7. NUNsLAUGHTER92

NUNsLAUGHTER92 New Member

To use titanium backup you need to be rooted.. It's very easy to root because there are programs to do it for you. Z4root and Universal Androot are the most widely known and I think z4root works for your phone. It won't harm your phone to try it. If you need more information on them just google it. And you can get both of those .apks from 4shared.com

Oh, to factory reset go into your settings and it's in one of those choices. If that doesn't work for fixing your wifi then you will need to find the package to do a firmware update thing. For my phone it's called UPDATA.APP and it's a to do a complete factory reset. Even if you delete system apps it'll restore them.

Sorry for my long and maybe not needed comment. But I hope it helps.

Sent from my M860 using DroidForums App
  8. Myric

Myric New Member

Is it possible to do all that with File Expert? I don't want to root my phone right now, and I want to do a factory reset, but I don't want to have to re-download all my apps. I've backed them up on File Expert already - how would I proceed from there?
  9. Myric

Myric New Member

I did a factory reset and the Wi-Fi still isn't working. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Hopefully I'll be able to get all my apps back. >:eek:(

Any other thoughts? I don't want to have to return the phone or send it out to get fixed.
  10. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Well-Known Member

Try this...put your phone in airplane mode and leave it there for a minute or two... then turn airplane mode off. I know...sounds crazy...try it.
  11. Myric

Myric New Member

Nothing. Widget still shows the "searching" symbol, and when I go to do it manually it says ERROR when I click the box.
  12. guidot

guidot Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Sounds like a visit to vzw is in order.

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).
  13. jpcalhoun

YEAH, that sounds like that would be my next course of action.
  14. Myric

Myric New Member

Just got back. They are sending me a new phone. Thanks to everyone for your advice! I always learn something valuable on this site.
  15. Prairie Smoke

Prairie Smoke New Member

Just use the file explorer function to navigate to the app you want and select it. You will get the install dialog.
  16. NUNsLAUGHTER92

NUNsLAUGHTER92 New Member

Droid Pro SBF File

Well after about an hour of searching I believe I found what you need..
    Here is what you need to do, click on the link and read over everything on it so you can get your droid pro back to the "out of the box" setup.

Droid Pro SBF File (2.26.20) Full and RSDLite

After that you can reinstall anything you need. This file is generally used for people that totally screwed their phones (mainly boot-looping).

Oh, and rooting really isn't that terrible, to un-root all you'd need to do is press a simple button in the z4root app and it'll do it for you, just to let you know :)

Damn i didn't realize you are already getting a new phone.. Oh well, if i were you i'd download it just incase this happen again.
  17. Myric

Myric New Member

VZW determined it was a hardware issue, and none of the complete wipes helped. Got my new phone (refurbished) today. Hope it keeps working. Had it randomly shut down and restart tonight.
  18. jpcalhoun

Glad you got a different phone. The shutdown and reboot issue is pretty common to all Pro users. It's been reported as a problem to Motorola via a number of different forums/channels. From what I understand, this is a common occurrence on Android phones and usually doesn't create a problem for the user.
Search tags for this page
hauwei h886c wifi fix
how to do error wifi in huawei c8810
how to fix wifi error on huawei android

huawei ascend 2 wifi error

huawei ascend wifi error

huawei m860 wifi not working

huawei m865 wifi error
huawei m865c wifi error
huawei phone wifi error
huawei u8510 wifi error

huawei wifi error