Random rebooting and/or shutting down

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by eversonsc, Nov 11, 2009.

1. saxainpdx

saxainpdx New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Was happening to my phone, and a friends, we both did a factory reset and it hasn't rebooted since, and has been working for over a week now..

2. branabolic

branabolic New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How do u do a factory reset?my droid has been fine, my friend got his yesterday and it keeps rebooting so we want to try this.

3. saxainpdx

saxainpdx New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Settings-Privacy-Factory data reset.

Be sure to save any SMS messages, etc.. Contact and email SHOULD be synced if using IMAP. If using POP, back those up too.

On mine, I had to redownload my apps, but my friends reset and automatically installed all his apps again..

4. axslingr

axslingr New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just wanted to report that I had one of the phones that randomly rebooted. I did a factory reset before taking it back, and that helped somewhat, but still ended up getting a replacement. The new phone has been rock solid for a week now.

Lance

5. realed

realed New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got my Droid 3 days ago and it has rebooted 8 times. Did the factory reset last night and rebooted this morning. If it reboots one more time it is going to the store.

*REBOOTED TWO MORE TIMES. NEED A NEW DROID.

#29 realed, Nov 20, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  6. kittielovemetal

kittielovemetal New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Got my Droid 2 days ago and it's been rebooting since it's first been turned on. The lady at the Verizon store even noticed it but figured it was just the battery and put a new one in. It reboots at least a dozen times a day! I took it to get it exchanged yesterday and the tech guy said I had to leave it there for an hour, when I came back he said it hadn't rebooted at all. They wouldn't let me exchange it. I just did the factory reset and it has already rebooted 4 times -_- Honestly I am amazed that I haven't thrown this thing out a window/at a wall/at the tech guy's head.
    I'm going to another store today, hopefully they'll take it back.

7. SoftwareForMe.com

Ratings:
    +0
    Oy. That is frustrating.

When you go back, I wouldn't give them any room to deny you. Simply tell them "It is unreliable, so I would like either a replacement or a refund."

You cannot have had it 30 days yet, and you can still return the phone. They'd rather you keep it, so I suspect given only those two options, they'll choose a replacement.

SoftwareForMe.com
    Makers of PhoneMyPC

8. alphabuild

alphabuild New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    same here i was having rebooting. sometimes it would go to the moto icon other times it would just go to the droid eye. it happened easily 10 times over the course of 24 hours. When i took it to the store of course i couldn't duplicate the issue right there, and they told me there was nothing they could do for me. so i said i would return it and get a different phone.

once they realized i was serious they let me exchange it. like i was joking around and waiting in verizon stores for fun.

9. mbmarsh

mbmarsh Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So when you went it....

Did you have to have the box and all the original paperwork? Mine starting rebooting randomly yesterday, after five days with it, even though I had already installed some apps. I did a factory reset, got my apps back, and I keep getting the random reboots. Took off all the apps I installed, but it still keeps happening at odd times.

Are they going to give me grief about not being able to demonstrate it in front of them? It happens all over the place, once when I was trying to set up Meebo, which I now uninstalled, once just in the browser, once after a phone call, once going back to the home screen after looking at the calendar....etc.

But I know if I take it in, I won't be able to reproduce for the life of me......

10. SoftwareForMe.com

Ratings:
    +0
    My personal take is this: if the phone doesn't work for you, you needn't keep it. That's why most carriers give you a 30 day "no questions" return period.

I wouldn't leave the workers any space to give you grief. Don't make requests, just tell them "This phone is rebooting constantly, and other droid users have fixed this by replacing the phone. I need either a replacement or a refund."

[Edit] I had the box, but not the paperwork. I wouldn't worry about even the box, but I would be sure to bring the cord.

That's my two cents.

SoftwareForMe.com
    Makers of PhoneMyPC

11. axslingr

axslingr New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    All I took in with me was the receipt.

12. mbmarsh

mbmarsh Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So, is it normal at all that the phone should randomly reboot? I really don't have much installed - DocstoGo, RemoteRDPDemo, Bluetooth Toggle, ATK, SportsTap, BarcodeScanner, Shazam, gTasks, Google Voice, and Profiles - I wouldn't think these would be causing an issue, but I don't want to knee jerk on this either....

Search tags for this page
android random reset

droid dna random shutdown

frequentt shutdow n of android phones
nexus 7 random reboots and shuts down in sleep mode
phone reboots shuts down
random rebooting nokia 928