Random rebooting and/or shutting down

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
How often would u qualify rebooting a problem. Mine reboots maybe 3 or 4 times a day? Should i exchange mine?
I responded to you in your thread...so in case you missed it I suggest you do a factory reset before returning the device and if that doesnt work then return it.

It's worth a try. 50/50 chance : )

Zer0Beast

Reaction score
Just in case....do NOT remove your UPC code from the box. I guess i got screwed where i bought my phone. I bought it from a retailer (not a verizon corporate store). The corporate store wouldn't even TOUCH my phone since i bought it somewhere else. Then when i tried to return it for a new one from the retail store, they wouldn't take it back because i already cut the UPC off (although i still have it).

So, now i'm getting shipped a new phone (re-certified), which i think is a joke, because my phone is only 7 freakin days old!

I'll never buy from a Verizon Retail store ever again

S281

Reaction score
How often would u qualify rebooting a problem. Mine reboots maybe 3 or 4 times a day? Should i exchange mine?
I responded to you in your thread...so in case you missed it I suggest you do a factory reset before returning the device and if that doesnt work then return it.

Thanks, I'll try that. I just hate going back to verizon and waiting in that dreaded line to get a refurb phone. I hope mine just starts working after the reset or maybe i'll wait a few weeks till the new update and hope something cures it.

BTW, will a factory reset wipe out everything? (contacts,calander,apps?) Will a simple sync to my google restore everything?

Reaction score
Our first Droid rebooted 10 times in the first 28 hours. 9 of those reboots got it stuck in an infinite loop between the Android screen and the red eye.

We replaced it last Saturday and have had zero issues since.

Randomly rebooting, at any frequency, is not acceptable, and given the reports of users (here and elsewhere), it isn't necessary that one risk it. Replace that broken Droid!

SoftwareForMe.com
Makers of PhoneMyPC

S281

Reaction score
Did a factory reset today, 8 hrs so far and no random reboots. Probably too early to tell though, but hoping it fixed the prob.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

Thanks, I'll try that. I just hate going back to verizon and waiting in that dreaded line to get a refurb phone. I hope mine just starts working after the reset or maybe i'll wait a few weeks till the new update and hope something cures it.

BTW, will a factory reset wipe out everything? (contacts,calander,apps?) Will a simple sync to my google restore everything?
google sync will resore all your stuff....

not sure about the apps though. Remember to run the phone without any apps for a day or 2 to see if remains stable.

thehotcops

Reaction score
S281 said:
I just hate going back to verizon and waiting in that dreaded line to get a refurb phone.
So if you have to replace your Droid, you're probably going to get a refurbished one?

Last edited:

S281

Reaction score
S281 said:
I just hate going back to verizon and waiting in that dreaded line to get a refurb phone.
So if you have to replace your Droid, you're probably going to get a refurbished one?

I dont want a refurbished phone, but isnt that how it works when you take back a phone at Verizon, dont they replace them with refurbs?

But i'm holding off for now, because i think the factory reset might have actually worked. I did it on sunday and havent had any issues yet (knock on wood).

thehotcops

Reaction score
Does Verizon give you 30 days to take it back if it's defective?

And do you think they would even have refurbs to give you this early?

saxainpdx

Reaction score
Was happening to my phone, and a friends, we both did a factory reset and it hasn't rebooted since, and has been working for over a week now..

branabolic

Reaction score
How do u do a factory reset?my droid has been fine, my friend got his yesterday and it keeps rebooting so we want to try this.

saxainpdx

Reaction score
Settings-Privacy-Factory data reset.

Be sure to save any SMS messages, etc.. Contact and email SHOULD be synced if using IMAP. If using POP, back those up too.

On mine, I had to redownload my apps, but my friends reset and automatically installed all his apps again..

axslingr

Reaction score
Just wanted to report that I had one of the phones that randomly rebooted. I did a factory reset before taking it back, and that helped somewhat, but still ended up getting a replacement. The new phone has been rock solid for a week now.

Lance

realed

Reaction score
I got my Droid 3 days ago and it has rebooted 8 times. Did the factory reset last night and rebooted this morning. If it reboots one more time it is going to the store.

*REBOOTED TWO MORE TIMES. NEED A NEW DROID.

Last edited:

kittielovemetal

Reaction score
Got my Droid 2 days ago and it's been rebooting since it's first been turned on. The lady at the Verizon store even noticed it but figured it was just the battery and put a new one in. It reboots at least a dozen times a day! I took it to get it exchanged yesterday and the tech guy said I had to leave it there for an hour, when I came back he said it hadn't rebooted at all. They wouldn't let me exchange it. I just did the factory reset and it has already rebooted 4 times -_- Honestly I am amazed that I haven't thrown this thing out a window/at a wall/at the tech guy's head.
I'm going to another store today, hopefully they'll take it back.