X Automatically shutting down/Rebooting

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
That may be the case, but I had my phone since release day and it never did it until GB.

Understood. Just saying that this problem has been around for a year. Won't effect every phone, but it is common and I don't see them fixing it any time soon because I don't think they know what the problem is yet.

zeppelinrox

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Its a lonshot or maybe it isn't but maybe using the V6 SuperCharger script will help.
I've been pleasantly surprised at how many issues it has fixed for users of all kinds of phones.
For example it's oom memory management fixes have fixed the wake lock issue for users of the evo 4g.

You can also try the script that I posted here on page 3 http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid-x2/154841-if-youre-considering-x2-must-read-3.html

That has io scheduler tweaks and tells android that you don't have a hard drive :p

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dr Fatsides

Reaction score
Mine have stopped!

My unrooted phone's spontaneous reboots went from 2-10 per week to ZERO after my OTA GB update. The reboots have stopped completely.

So go figure.

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
mmm....mine has been rebooting since gingerbread ota........ which it would stop....kind of annoying. especially when my iphone buddies rag on my bc my droid reboots and their iphone doesnt.....makes android look bad.